So funny

MelindaEzell

Chirping
Mar 16, 2023
Just something I’ve noticed about my babies. If I give them something new, they’ll circle it, stretch their necks out, side eyeing it, peck it super quickly then run away, then the VERY MOMENT one of them gets brave enough and picks up a piece… they ALL chase that one to steal whatever it is. Even though there will be plenty more, they only want it if another one has it. 😂

Just something I’ve noticed about my babies. If I give them something new, they’ll circle it, stretch their necks out, side eyeing it, peck it super quickly then run away, then the VERY MOMENT one of them gets brave enough and picks up a piece… they ALL chase that one to steal whatever it is. Even though there will be plenty more, they only want it if another one has it. 😂
Mine do that as well! For new foods, or ones they haven't had in a while😅

And they never grow out of this 🤭 My old hens still do the same thing, and it's still cute.

Sounds pretty typical to me, even though I've only had mine for one month today. I've got one Easter Egger that loves to jump on top the water dispenser. They all like the song, "You Are My Sunshine." I have two Easter Eggers and two Barred Rocks (I think).

Attachments

• IMG_4532.JPG
    IMG_4532.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4530.JPG
    IMG_4530.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4534.JPG
    IMG_4534.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4533.JPG
    IMG_4533.JPG