So happy I found a place where I can talk to others about my chicks.

Kathy Chenier

Chirping
Nov 10, 2020
I just spent a half hour watching my 7 week old chicks. One of them made a nice little spot to have a dust bath. She was really going at it when a couple others saw her and had to join in. Before 15 mins was past all 26 chicks joined in. It was like a dust bath orgy. They were all piling on top of each other in an attempt to get in on the action even though there are at least 2 dozen spots in their 70 by 60 foot yard to have a dust bath. They are sssoooo funny sometimes.

Last edited:
I just spent a half hour watching my 7 week old chicks. One of them made a nice little spot to have a dust bath. She was really going at it when a couple others saw her and had to join in. Before 15 mins was past all 26 chicks joined in. It was like a dust bath orgy. They were all piling on top of each other in an attempt to get in on the action even though there are at least 2 dozen spots in their 70 by 60 foot yard where they could have a dust bath. They are sssoooo funny sometimes.
I was also watching one of them who found a tree frog and spent a half hour hitting it on the ground to get pieces off to swallow only to have one of the young roosters to come along to steal it from her and swallow it down. She looked so befuddled.

I just spent a half hour watching my 7 week old chicks. One of them made a nice little spot to a dust bath. She was really going at it when a couple others saw her and had to join in. Before 15 mins was past all 26 chicks joined in. It was like a dust bath orgy. They were all piling on top of each other in an attempt to get in on the action even though there are at least 2 dozen spots in their 70 by 60 foot yard. They are sssoooo funny sometimes.
Watching "Chicken TV" is definitely very entertaining! My chickens have dug several surprisingly deep dust-bathing holes in their run.

My chickens took almost all the plants out of theirs (Except some small trees):rolleyes::barnie
My run has no plants at all, which is a good thing because if it did they would have eaten them all long ago! A while back we were letting them roam the yard every day, and they ate all the grass. We had to keep them in their run for a long time so the grass could have a chance to grow back, and now they only get to "free range" for short periods of time.

My run has no plants at all, which is a good thing because if it did they would have eaten them all long ago! A while back we were letting them roam the yard every day, and they ate all the grass. We had to keep them in their run for a long time so the grass could have a chance to grow back, and now they only get to "free range" for short periods of time.

Kathy, I feel the same way! Hubby doesn't really want to hear about chickens, and neither do my friends. So I hang out here with my chicken buddies. This is Chicken Facebook for me! :)

And so it begins!!!

Attachments

• D5D4EB6B-C31B-4518-950A-448277C9650A.jpeg
    D5D4EB6B-C31B-4518-950A-448277C9650A.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom