So he tells me, "Babe, I'm just not that into..."

Quote:
Oh yea, he's a keeper!
clap.gif

Ya think he'd consider being a consultant to some of the other guys....

lau.gif

Michelle

Oh yeah. Like a guy that won't ask for directions would consider going to a consultant!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I am soooo in trouble ya'll. I found a set of young Lavender d'Uccles that need a new home. And they're coming to ours. How shall I break the news to my family
hide.gif

Justin built his own office that we have dubbed the "man cave" away from the house. He has his two cats there with him and it is off limits to anything else. His own 8' x 14' space with a fenced in area for his cats to play outside.

I have the house and rest of the 2.5 acres to do what I please.

He has always been great about the animals and loves the chickens. I can understand the need for his own space for his hobbies and projects.

I definitely keeps the peace.

Keeping the peace is important. I am marking Year 20 of this tug-o-war (uhm... marriage!).
My DH is very sensitive to smells. He's part dog or something.
big_smile.png
Last year's brooder in the basement was all he could stand. This year, I used a broodY instead of a brood-ER!!!! They are in the coop & doing fine.
I would expect DH to compromise with me, as well. No greasy machine parts in the house. No deranged drunken college pals over for Christmas dinner.
Work with the man!
wink.png

Quote:
Yes, my DH is sensitive to smells. But he's also very demanding about keeping everything just so.

My broody experiment was a failure. She's an awesome bator, but killed 2 of 3 babies trying to stuff them back into the nest. It was awful!
hit.gif

We do compromise quite a bit, and he has all the latest TV goodies to prove it! And he's usually more patient. But life has been more stressful than usual lately, and where I find chicks & chickens comforting, he does NOT.
The kids are now full-time with us since their dad committed suicide March 3rd, and they are still having issues as well. DH never expected to be a full-time step-dad. So we're still getting used to a whole new routine.

I am putting away the bator, per DH's request. And I am saving for my chicken shed. There will be no more little chicks for a while.
But I can't give up on my dream of showing award-winning chickens, either.

wegotchickens,

Wow, I'll say you have alot on your plate.
hugs.gif

Sorry for the tragedy your family is coping with, hope the kids can mend. Went through that as the foster family to some friends way back when I was young and thier dad did the same, time and love is the best medicine, with a healthy dose of patience and understanding.

I found a great deal on a shed through the local high school, they build them in class and sell them for just the cost of materials due to their non-profit status. So I am buying one which will be delivered in the next few days so I can move the chicks out of the bathroom. (Yeah!) I don't mind them so much but the amount of dust is staggering!!! I will miss thier little peeps tho...

take care of yourself, hug your family.

Michelle

Wow, cool suggestion AK Michelle!!
I'm actually on my way to the high school in a minute to talk to some teachers about DD1's grades
roll.png
I'll try to remember to ask at the office about things the shop students make and sell...

The house is quieter. 15 chicks went to their new homes, and 5 more were sold or given away. No peeping in the basement, and I'm slowly working my way out of the garage.

DH was very well-behaved at the poultry show. I think it was really good for him to see that a) I'm not alone, b) I'm actually more controlled than many others, and c) my 'imaginary friends' on BYC are real, and very nice, people!!

lol.. right now "I" smell like a petting zoo.
tongue.png

Began my day bottle feeding calves ended it moving twin baby sheep and their mama to the back barn. Then their replacements back to the pen. Yup. I stink:cool:

...yeah, I got the same grief from my husband. Especially when he had to move his '79 Trans Am out of the one car garage so I could build the chicky condo!

After I moved them to the coop I washed the floor w/bleach and dusted EVERYTHING! All better now....
roll.png

Quote:
Us guys generally claim the garage as the one area on the ENTIRE property as their own. My wife has only stepped inside of the garage twice in 9 years
smile.png

Maybe your DH feels like his space is being invaded... maybe it'd be easier for him to build them a separate out building

Back
Top Bottom