So...how much longer?

All of my girls squat, check out the nesting boxes and it sounds like a chicken opera when any one of the girls lays - the JG and Polish both tend to be somewhat chatty as well so I am thinking that maybe...any day now...lol. I get 4 eggs consistently every day, and 5 some days, so I am in no way hurting for eggs. And everyone seems happy and healthy, so I am not worried - just anxious :)
Same! But I do need at least one more egg a day so I don’t have to go buy from the store soon LOL

All of my girls squat, check out the nesting boxes and it sounds like a chicken opera when any one of the girls lays - the JG and Polish both tend to be somewhat chatty as well so I am thinking that maybe...any day now...lol. I get 4 eggs consistently every day, and 5 some days, so I am in no way hurting for eggs. And everyone seems happy and healthy, so I am not worried - just anxious :)

I guess I just needed to blast her online, my 3rd girl laid Today lol! I called her out on my chicken Instagram today too haha

UPDATE! Now that we are past the winter solstice, and we are gradually getting more daylight where I am (NE Georgia) my girls are finally back to NOT being freeloaders! Before the cold weather hit in late Nov/Dec. I had probably only 4 of my 7 hens laying regularly. After keeping an eye on them the last few days, I think all but one of my hens are laying! So 6/7 and they are about 9 months old now. The only one I think that may not be laying yet is my big girl, Layla - a blue Jersey Giant. But I am hopeful she will start soon! My Hamburg girls are still laying tiny (adorable) white eggs. I think my polish, Muppet, still hasn't figured out what the nesting box is for, because I find her white, pointy eggs in the run.....:idunno

Back
Top Bottom