So, how to make this a duck pond...?

Saigey

Songster
Jun 16, 2019
Alabama, USA
My neighbor gave me this. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to make it a duck pond that won't be a biohazard. No way can I afford to fill and drain it every day. We have a pump, but it's not a filter. I've seen what happens with the little plug in fountain in our garden with just a pump. Ew. And that's without duck poop added to the mix.

Attachments

• 20210617_173626.jpg
    20210617_173626.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 90
Any pics of how the drain is attached to the pond?
What is the electrical cord for?
I could've sworn I had a pic of the pipes connecting, but I can't find it. I'll take one when it's daylight.
I drilled a hole, put a 1/4in PVC pipe in with washers on both sides, attached a couple of elbow joints to get it to aim where I needed, attached the faucet valve, then the longer pipe so it drains into the garden.
The cord is for a little fountain pump. They love playing around the running water. It's on about a 15 foot cord attached in a plastic box to a 30 ft outdoor extension cord, so there's no electric hazard.

Last edited:
I could've sworn I had a pic of the pipes connecting, but I can't find it. I'll take one when it's daylight.
I drilled a hole, put a 1/4in PVC pipe in with washers on both sides, attached a couple of elbow joints to get it to aim where I needed, attached the faucet valve, then the longer pipe so it drains into the garden.
The cord is for a little fountain pump. They love playing around the running water. It's on about a 15 foot cord attached in a plastic box to a 30 ft outdoor extension cord, so there's no electric hazard.
Good explanation, thanks, no need for pics.
1/4" or 1 1/4"?

Back
Top Bottom