So...I am now OFFICIALLY nuts, right?

No you are absolutely not crazy!!! Our goats have collars to fit their names LOL! Buckwheat has a plain collar.....Elvis has a black rhinestone collar.....and Fiona (the princess of the bunch) has a pretty pink shimmer collar with large rhinestone heart chart. LOL so no I absolutely DO NOT think you are crazy!

My goats always wore collars! I put the bright orange ones on them so I could find them out in the brush easier. I did do one thing different. I put their birthdate on the inside of the collar with a permanent marker. When a new set was born I would go out and get them new collars and put their birthdate in it and I couldn't wait until they got big enough to put them on. I walked mine also. We have 5 acres that is only fenced in with barbwire so when I would go out there I would take a goat or two on a leash so they couldn't get away. Not that they really tried.

Once I had 3 billy goats that needed to be rehomed and I didn't want them to end up as dinner. They were only 3-4 months old so I loaded them in the car with their collars and leashes and the kids and I went to the local grocery store and set out and sold them. It's were everyone goes to sell or giveaway cats and dogs. There I was sitting amongst the kittens and lab puppies with my billy goats. I got more attention. Sold 2 and traded a lady for a new billy goat. All you goat raisers know you gotta get new blood in from time to time. It was great. A week later I went to get my hair done and my stylist said girl you are crazy. I saw you out there with those goats! I asked why she didn't stop and she said because her girls would've wanted one!

I must be crazy too...I'm a lampworker and make glass beads by melting colored glass rods in a 1700 degree flame and shape and decorate them to my hearts content and I make pretty little collars(but I call them necklaces!) for my dogs and cats and I promised to make a dainty little tiny necklaces for my girls, the chickens, but of course only for picture purposes only, will take off immediately!

Check out my stylin' min pin...
terra.jpg

dogjewelboxpinks.jpg

Here's another necklace I made!

khandiwithnecklacecollage.jpg

And, here is my beautiful kitty, Khandi, with her "necklace"...magnetic clasp, of course!

I am so happy to hear that I'm not nuts! Though my DH still thinks I am!
big_smile.png
Its so hard for me to believe that I've only started "farming" since February! Man, I've come ALONG way! From our first chicks who have grown into "Big" chickens, then we added the goats, then the meat birds, then more chicks, then guineas, then a couple turkeys, then the ducklings, then MORE "fancy" chicks, then the goslings.....Now DH wants a billy goat to go with our does sometime soon, and wants a "surprize" type game bird package to raise this time around (since we've already sold SIX of the 10 we had processed last week! We only have TWO left in our freezer!) and he still wants me to go back to the farm I got the goslings from and save the rest of the babies there.
roll.png

Wow. I really AM nuts! Glad DH is on board with me now and along for the ride!
lol.png
Haha!

PS I got the collars as an impulse buy at Walmart of all places! They match exactly but one is pink and the other is purple. I put the pink one on Hershey because she's black and it stands out nice and bright on her. I put the purple one on Fudgy cuz she's mostly white and needed a darker color. The dont seem to mind them and they look SO cute! Ha!

Back
Top Bottom