So, I Dropped by the Pet Store and Met Another BYCer Today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Oct 29, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wendyba29 lives a few miles from me in a town where the nearest Walmart and one of the feedstores I frequent are. I was there today and stopped into a pet store where she had told me she works; had to get a red reptile heat bulb for Zane's cage area since I'm not sure of his ability to keep warm without companions to snuggle with on those cold nights.
    So, I met another BYCer today! The last ones I met were lockedhearts and Pumpkinpup when she came to get CJ and some hatching eggs.
    Wendy, get with me about those chicks this spring! I'm sure I'll have to find homes for all the babies the future broodies will be hatching. [​IMG]

2. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    That's pretty cool!

Small world out there, there's quite a few BYC members around me too.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I would love to run into a fellow BYCer.

Was it random, Cyn? Like you were talking to the pet store person about Zane's needs and a voice said "ZANE???? OMG Are you SPECKLEDHEN????"

Or was it planned?

4. speckledhen

I knew she worked there, but I forgot the screen name. When I got to the counter with the bulb, I said, "I have an odd question for you." I asked if she belonged to a forum called Backyardchickens.com and she said she did, then I told her I was speckledhen. So, now I have another BYC neighbor!

5. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    That is so cool!! [​IMG]

6. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    Quote:Silkiechicken and I are only 1.5 hours away!

I've met a few folks from work on some forums I browse. It is always interesting when you take that first leap, but usually I ask if they are _____ (their username).

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I can't find a blasted person near me. There is one member about 60 miles away and another few about 50 miles, but close? Nope.

8. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i dont know of any close to me either. there are two i think on the other side of the state, and i dont know any in southern utah that would be anywhere close... so i am a lonely byc'er too! sad day.

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

How cool! You seem to meet the most people, Cyn.

10. speckledhen

Amazing, isn't it, for someone who rarely leaves the mtn.? I've met wolfbaine30, LocoPollo, rooster-red, headbangingrooster, lockedhearts, Pumpkinpup and now Wendyba29. Seems like I've met someone else, but I cant recall at the moment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by