So I fell down the stairs last week.

Quote:
front of the leg.

I am taking a handful of tylenol twice a day now to get through the pain.
Considering the fact I have a bone chip in my other ankle(no idea how THAT happened) and arthritis in it as well. I am going to be using a cane by fall at this rate
The pain from falling down the stairs is different though. It's in a specific area about the size of my fist. Goes from a sharp, deep pain to a feeling like my skin is being burned. But there is no bruising or discoloration.
I hate this. Maybe there will be something I can do at work even if I end up on crutches.

ER - please. If you have some kind of bone injury, something causing nerve irritation to the area - failure to get it treated could result in permanent damage to the nerves, blood supply, etc.

Pain is your friend here - it is telling you that something is very wrong, and listening is a good thing...
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
And I think all of your BYC friends are encouraging you to have this evaluated asap.
smile.png

You could have fractured the bone, or something, If they cast it, you may not have to be on crutches! Please get it checked. In the mean time ice it and keep it elevated as much as possible.

So, did you go to the ER????

DH fell and refused ER for over a week. Turned out his wrist was broken and now had to be rebroken to be set properly. What should have been six weeks of cast became three months of casts and surgeries.

And ditto blood clot possibilities......

And Tennessee truly How the bleep did you manage all that damage?? What did you fall down and into what???? Curious minds want to know!

And Tennessee truly How the bleep did you manage all that damage?? What did you fall down and into what???? Curious minds want to know!

Indeed! Sounds like you fell fifty feet into a pit of razor blades! Ouch!​

Ok, heard back form my PCP. I am going to head over to the urgent care down the street after I get my daughter.

Wish me luck that I didnt hurt myself enough for any apparatus. LOL Maybe I should get my dads old cane out now.

I will let you guys know what happens. I am guessing that if I hurt it to the point I need a cast or the like they will immediately put one on?
Never done this before
tongue.png

My soon to be ex sig-o had the same sort of pain you describe after falling between some rocks. Finally got him to go to the ER after 4 days and it turned to be a greenstick fracture of the fibula. No cast til the next day from an ortho doc.

no fracture *whew* just a deep bone bruise. Guess my bones are flexible enough that it didnt snap or fracture.

So. I have an ACE bandage wrapped around my leg and have been told to elevate it when at "rest" I kinda laughed when he said that. Then asked if walking up to 11 miles a day at work alone would slow the healing. He kinda looked at me funny then asked what I did for work. LOL
My horse and I now have our legs wrapped! We match, that's love

Back
Top Bottom