So, I fudge the numbers a little...

Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! I'm sure I'm not the only person with this issue. My darling husband is constantly on my case that I have too many good-for-nothing birds (too many yard-roosters and I admit they are loud and annoying).
He pinned me down yesterday and made me *count up* birds in breeding pens (I counted 141 birds in breeding pens) --- not relative to an actual *hen count*, *rooster count*, and not relative to *how many chickens does your wife have*.
Bless his heart, that number (141) sounded better than the number he had in his head (he thinks there are thousands of chickens here).
We're happy til next month and the feed bill is questioned.
smile.png

Lisa

it is chicken math.

You better watch out, he may go count, but since he doesnt know chicken math, he'll think you were "fudging the numbers".

I KNOW chicken math is real, he doesn't...yet.

I Know Exactly How You Feel. And I Have Fudged Now That Hes Home All The Time It Is 100x Worse Every Moment Of The Day Hes Whining About Crowing And Poop.

Well, I'm being good and trying to downsize...that is, if someone will buy my three Delaware hens I have for sale and the chicks I'm trying to weed out.
roll.png
I only have 40 adults, though, not all that many.

I only have 29 adults. My wife has all her fingers and toes so she can count. I also don't count chicks or potential chicks. Honestly I have no idea why she tolerates me and my hobby. I know that if I drop dead these chickens will be gone before my body gets cold. She'll probably bury me and them together in the back yard to save money and then go shopping. Either that or drag me out to the coop and throw me in.

Having had the privilege of visiting DDD, I can tell you honestly that she really only has 139.
lol.png

ETA, because I have the rest of them here! Wait a minute.........

I have 21 of them here........ dang, I may never figure out chicken algebra! Can anyone define x for me please?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom