So I hate sleepovers....

hide.gif
I am sooooooo glad I am not the only Mom who feels this way! I hate (sorry but true) other peoples kids at my house, especially overnight. I think it may have to do with I was never around kids growing up and did not change a diaper until I had my own
hide.gif

I cannot stop laughing!
lau.gif
I am so sorry - that is unbelievable. You do have horrible luck . I thought I had a horrible story with my son's sleepover. I will share it with you all also - He had a "friend" over who ate us out of house and home, cried when I didn't make cookies at 11 p.m., played stuffed animals with my 2 year old (He was 9) and then, after just 4 hours of being at the house (my son was begging me to take him home, by the way...) he walks out of the hall bathroom, NAKED with no. 2 on the floor in front of the toilet, asking me to WIPE HIM!
barnie.gif
(which I gave him a plastic bag and package of wipies) - sorry if this is too graphic for some - it was much worse in person...Remember - he is 9! I made him go to bed - he slept in my son's room and the next a.m. smelled some evil odor in his room (not sure what it was, really - like severe BO) , and my son slept on the other side of the house, and we promptly took him home as early as humanly possible the next morning. I still threaten my son to bring the kid back to hang out with him when he gets a little mouthy - it always works to keep him in line.

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG!!!!! That is actually worse. Did you talk to the parents at all?? That's always my question. When disaster kid was horrible I did end up talking to mom about it over time and very slowly because I really did think the kid's behavior was probably food related. I just cannot imagine a 9 eyar old acting like this in some one else's home! heck I can't imagine a 9 year old acting like this at home!!

I am SO relieved I am not the only one who hates these things. I limit them and just keep hoping I'll miss the hassle when my kids are grown.....

OMG....I think you guys have parent issues, not kid issues. Who lets their kid go to a sleepover, and doesn't tell the hosting parent about a kid's serious allergies. And, my god, eeewww, who has a nine-year-old who poops on the floor, goes about naked in another person's home and has so little concept of personal space that they ask a stranger to wipe their bottom?

Again...parent problem.

The kids screaming, running around, refusing to eat food that isn't exactly what they eat at home is normal kids stuff. Having a kid with allergic seizures or the other stuff is not a kid issue...its a parent issue of neglecting to inform the hosting parent of serious situations.

My sons birthday is next month and we were discussing whether to have a party or a sleep over. These are all high school kids. But I have to admit that there's one that just irritates me to no end and I just don't want him spending the night at all. I'm really considering no sleep over just because he's a kid that can be taken only in small doses.

Wow, I thought we were alone in this dislike-overnights way of thinking
hide.gif

With a special needs son who sleeps with myself or DH because of seizures, and doesn't understand that sister doesn't want him hanging out with her and friends. And our life is stressful enough without the added "girl" drama thrown in there. As much as our 10 year old likes or thinks she likes to have sleep overs, there's always a drama filled story to go with it when it's all said and done. I finally said no more a couple of weeks ago. And I think she now understands.

Quote:
No, you need to run for the hills and do it now. I never let my son have more than 2 people over night EVER. Because I am like you. I really don't like other peoples children. Or maybe its the parents raising of the children I don't care for. Whatever. Set your limits for what you can handle. And if one kid turns out to be a problem child, they can't come back. Period. And be honest with the parents too. Sorry, I can't handle seizures, or screaming, or puking, or whatever it is the kid does to irritate you.

Remember. It's YOUR house.

X2

I am so with you and Debi on this one. I adore my kids but most other kids I just can't handle, and I HATE sleepovers. HATE THEM. I think most of it is parenting issues on the part of other children, but I can't fix their parenting issues in one sleepover, nor do I want to. So those kids just don't come over anymore.

mom'sfolly :

OMG....I think you guys have parent issues, not kid issues. Who lets their kid go to a sleepover, and doesn't tell the hosting parent about a kid's serious allergies. And, my god, eeewww, who has a nine-year-old who poops on the floor, goes about naked in another person's home and has so little concept of personal space that they ask a stranger to wipe their bottom?

Again...parent problem.

The kids screaming, running around, refusing to eat food that isn't exactly what they eat at home is normal kids stuff. Having a kid with allergic seizures or the other stuff is not a kid issue...its a parent issue of neglecting to inform the hosting parent of serious situations.

Some of this is definite parenting issues. But, I seem to be the diagnostic magnet. Disaster kids parents are real goofy but they still had not recognized the food allergy and she had never had a seizure before. Trust me, her parents were convinced that we had poisoned their kid!!

The parent with the child who pee'd her bed is a parenting issue!

Busybecca has the worst story by far. There is a serious problem with that child.​

Back
Top Bottom