So I hate sleepovers....

Haha, well I see why you don't like sleepovers. Kids don't understand though. Being still young myself I remember what it's like.

Quote:
Sorry but that line is hilarious! Now there is pee on my sofa

LOL! Now that is a problem from having kids!!!
lau.gif

I can't stop laughing - I think you are all right on the target with the parenting issue - that is why I couldn't say a word to his mom - when I started gently going over the night she thought it was just part of a regular day. Oh my.

I agree that the "....wet spot on the sofa" comment was CLASSIC!

Thank you all for making my night! We are going through testing of a tumor found in my 10 years old chest - and I have felt very alone - until now - when I can share overnight nightmares with you all!
smile.png

Quote:
Feel free! NOT ONE of my sleepover nightmares compares to the nightmare of sleeping over yourself in a cot next to your child's bed in the hospital!! I'll keep checking back here and will certainly be sending healing energy your way! Let us know how things are going!
hugs.gif

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
Feel free! NOT ONE of my sleepover nightmares compares to the nightmare of sleeping over yourself in a cot next to your child's bed in the hospital!! I'll keep checking back here and will certainly be sending healing energy your way! Let us know how things are going!
hugs.gif

X2!
hugs.gif

And on that note, let me share that one of my son's friends peed the sleeping bag he was using when he was staying over and blamed my son's cat. Now, I understand he was embarrassed, but I'm not dumb enough to believe the cat managed to pee UNDER your butt while you were asleep. Seriously.​

Quote:
hugs.gif

X2!
hugs.gif

And on that note, let me share that one of my son's friends peed the sleeping bag he was using when he was staying over and blamed my son's cat. Now, I understand he was embarrassed, but I'm not dumb enough to believe the cat managed to pee UNDER your butt while you were asleep. Seriously.

Sometimes the lies kids tell to cover for themselves are so funny you almost forgive them!!
bun.gif
The other day DD swore up and down that the dog ate the piece of cake saved for Dad. with chocolate ALL around her mouth!
lau.gif

I loved sleepovers as a kid. But I remember sleeping over at a friend's with several other kids. We were playing hide and seek in the house. I think I was wearing socks, no shoes. I stepped on a piece of glass and cut my foot pretty good. I know I cried, and they called my parents and my mom came and got me. So I guess I was one of those kids.

I remember in high school sleeping over at my cousin's house and we were always BAD. Her parents would have to keep getting up all night to tell us to behave and go to bed or they were going to drive me home. We were good at my house. We knew my parents wouldn't allow that behavior and we could get away with it at hers. Once my cousin was so mad at her mom coming into her room to tell us to be quiet that she crazy glued her door shut. Gee, who would have thought that stuff worked that well, most of the door siding came off with the door when it was opened. Once we stuck a whole box of maxi pads to her ceiling. Those tape marks stayed there forever. Or the time we threw a big rock on the roof of her screened porch room and it made a good dent in the ceiling. Or when we teased her younger brother and told him there were ghosts in the basement and he would never go down there for years. Fun times.

Yay I am so glad I am not alone! It seems we always have disasters as well and i am not a patient parent and I don't put up with shenanigans. So when its somebody elses kid that I can't discipline it makes me a basket case. Like lets see, my kids would get their butts grounded for chasing chickens and pulling feathers. Visiting child refuses to stop, parents just laughs at me when I tell about the incident!

I wish it was easier! My husband does well too with the kids but sometimes he is too lenient and kids get away with things, which doesn't send a good message to our kids. He always says "let them be kids". Again I don't have patience for that!

{{hugs}}

Back
Top Bottom