So I have 5 Pilgrim Eggs...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by raindrop, Mar 8, 2009.

1. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    in a carton in the sunroom. Temperature in there between 45-55 degrees. They are pointed-end down. One end of the carton is raised about 45 degrees. I rotate which end is up about every 12 hours. Does this sound okay?

There are two eggs in the nest outside. The goose is laying every other day. I leave two eggs, she does not seem to be able to count.

I do not want more geese.

Do I wait until she starts to set and then take the eggs? Will she start another nest?

How many goose eggs wrapped in bubble wrap will fit in a priority mail box?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If you let her set the eggs, you could always take the goslings away and sell them once they hatch. If you let her start setting and then take the eggs, she would probably start laying again in a few weeks. I don't know how many eggs would fit, but I wouldn't use a flatrate box. Shipping is almost always cheaper by regular priority mail, and the #7 box is bigger than the large flatrate. I would think you could safely get 8 eggs in the #7 box. Those are available at the usps site.

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Pilgrims??? (perk) If you're thinking about selling those Pilgrim eggs I'd sure be interested!!!

4. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    Quote:pm'd you!

5. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Hey Raindrop,

If she keeps laying I'd be interested in some in about a month. I'm setting up my incubators today for some duck eggs I've collected, but would love to hatch out some pilgrims later! [​IMG] So if you're gonna start a list I'd like to get on it!

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by