So I have 5 Pilgrim Eggs...

raindrop

Songster
11 Years
Feb 10, 2008
Western Oregon
in a carton in the sunroom. Temperature in there between 45-55 degrees. They are pointed-end down. One end of the carton is raised about 45 degrees. I rotate which end is up about every 12 hours. Does this sound okay?

There are two eggs in the nest outside. The goose is laying every other day. I leave two eggs, she does not seem to be able to count.

I do not want more geese.

Do I wait until she starts to set and then take the eggs? Will she start another nest?

How many goose eggs wrapped in bubble wrap will fit in a priority mail box?

Last edited:
If you let her set the eggs, you could always take the goslings away and sell them once they hatch. If you let her start setting and then take the eggs, she would probably start laying again in a few weeks. I don't know how many eggs would fit, but I wouldn't use a flatrate box. Shipping is almost always cheaper by regular priority mail, and the #7 box is bigger than the large flatrate. I would think you could safely get 8 eggs in the #7 box. Those are available at the usps site.

Hey Raindrop,

If she keeps laying I'd be interested in some in about a month. I'm setting up my incubators today for some duck eggs I've collected, but would love to hatch out some pilgrims later!
smile.png
So if you're gonna start a list I'd like to get on it!

Julie

Back
Top Bottom