So I just got a gosling and it was laying with one foot back.

4Dobermans

Songster
May 24, 2020
Prescott,Az
It’s my first gosling, I have had chickens and ducks for years. I went in there tonight and I noticed it was laying with one foot backwards, it was in normal position but one foot was laying all the way back behind it face down. Is there something wrong with Harley? She is eating and when I said her name she got up normally and is walking fine and chirping. I live in a town that doesn’t get a lot of geese so I could only get her and a polish chick, I am planning on getting another gosling on Friday since they come in that day and it’s only a hour drive. She also has been sneezing a lot but it’s hard to tell because she could have gotten water up her nose.

It’s my first gosling, I have had chickens and ducks for years. I went in there tonight and I noticed it was laying with one foot backwards, it was in normal position but one foot was laying all the way back behind it face down. Is there something wrong with Harley? She is eating and when I said her name she got up normally and is walking fine and chirping. I live in a town that doesn’t get a lot of geese so I could only get her and a polish chick, I am planning on getting another gosling on Friday since they come in that day and it’s only a hour drive. She also has been sneezing a lot but it’s hard to tell because she could have gotten water up her nose.
I don’t know if it’s sneezing or snorting. It sounds more like snorting not sneezing.

Yes, picture would be good. I haven’t had water fowl since I was a young kid, but my chicks often sleep/stretch out with one leg sticking back (will include a recent picture for reference). My two-week old chick also ‘sneezes‘ a lot - just one quick snort. She‘s acting perfectly normal, all rambunctious and chatty, so I‘m not worried. Plus, I’ve had chicks do this a lot - that one quick snort-sneeze. Right now, I’m thinking your Little is probably fine (since she’s acting normal other than the foot), but definitely keep an eye on her to see if you notice any changes in behavior.

326E7FE8-08A1-4393-98C8-D7C3906CEE8C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom