So many people want to sell there eggs but.... where are you? UPDATE !

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by karlamaria, Sep 5, 2011.

1. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Songster

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Maybe local 4H would know of someone. You could always find your state thread here on BYC and ask there also.

2. klmclain1

klmclain1 Songster

Mar 14, 2011
    I would guess you can't find any to buy because they sell so fast! I have 8 girls - and I can usually have 1-2 extra dozen every week (I have a family of 4). We have two friends, a neighbor and my mother who clamor to get them.

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
  4. MarinMama

MarinMama Songster

Apr 15, 2011
    our local farmers market has them but sell them for $8 a dozen!! luckily i found a local gal that sells eggs and a great variety of chickens for $5 a dozen. i found her on craigslist.

she has an honor box where she keeps her eggs in a cooler and has a drop box for cash.

5. karlamaria

karlamaria Songster

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    UPDATE [​IMG] [​IMG]

IM HAPPY TO SAY i FOUND THE SWEETEST GAL !! SHE LIVES 35 MILES AWAY AND HAS LOTS OF EGGS AND GUESS WHAT?? SHE HAS TURKENS, EE'S AND ABOUT EVERY BIRD i WANT!! SHE HAS DUCKS AND THIS NEXT SPRING WILL BE SELLING ME SOME DUCK EGGS TO ! I WAS THRILLED AS I PUT AN ADD ON CRAIG'S LIST AND GOT AN EMAIL THIS MORNING WE TALKED FOR 20 MINUTES LOL. I PLAN TO BUY HER FERTILE EGGS THIS SPRING SO i CAN PUT THEM UNDER MY BROODY GIRL AND HAVE ME A TURKEN AND EE'S, AMERICANA AND SO FOURTH ! WE PLAN TO MEET AT HER HOME THIS WEEKEND . THANK YOU ALL WHO HELPED ME IM SO HAPPY TODAY!!!

OH AND SHE IS SELLING FOR 2.00 A DOZEN!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: