So many questions lol

I guess I better study up on this. I have never wormed my chickens, although about once a month I put ACV in one of their water stations. Thanks for the advice!
AVC will do nothing for deworming, that's an "old wife's" tale. The same is true for DE, too!

If raising for both meat and eggs, I would have two seperate operations. 1 for raising the meat birds and another for raising egg layers. That's just the way I would do it....there are as many ways to raise quail as there are opinions, so find a scenario that works best for you....what 'works' for one person, may or may not work for you.
ThNks! Do you feed them a different diet? or provide less space? If there’s a sticky for this I apologize. I can’t recall seeing exact information

ThNks! Do you feed them a different diet? or provide less space? If there’s a sticky for this I apologize. I can’t recall seeing exact information
Now days I only raise quail and pheasants. I feed mine a custom feed I have milled at a local feed mill. Its 24% protein, has added Omega 3 acid, Lysine and Methionine + cystine above the percentages found in commercial feed. It also contains barley, red winter wheat and oat bran.
A commercially available feed of 24% protein is adequate. Most gamebird feeds have enough calcium in the ration but if your having problems with shell-less eggs, or thin shelled eggs you can provide oyster grit 'free choice'.

Back
Top Bottom