So my house almost burned down......

Wow, what a scary experience! I'm glad your family is ok, what a great job your dad did under pressure!!!

The Closet -

Coreys004.jpg

Coreys005.jpg

Coreys007.jpg

All the stuff taken from it -

Coreys002.jpg

Our life saver -
Coreys001.jpg

everyone make sure you have a fire extinguisher on each floor of your house, especially in the kitchen. There are different types so check before buying. When I was pregnant with my son, and my brain had left my body for 9 months, I turned on the oven forgetting there was a plastic bowl in the oven and it was in flames. I didnt have one and luckily my landlord was at his business across the yard and he put it out with his. He thought I had one and I did after that day. So glad you got it out quickly and no one was hurt. Quick thinking.

The lady down the road from me had to call out a company( I think it was called Servpro?) but they specialize in after fire/flood restoration. The lady had built a fire in her fireplace and didn't open the flue(sp?) and then she went down the road to the store! Needless to say she had some serious damage when she returned.
I hope everything can be restored. I am happy that your family and pets are ok. Your dad is a hero for braving that fire and kudos to you for your prompt discovery!
hugs.gif

I am so glad that your family was safe. Your dad was very brave to put out the fire; that can be extremely dangerous due to fumes from whatever is in the closet melting (such as plastic) and the general risk of smoke inhalation.

Your sister has probably lost a lot of things that were important to her... I feel bad for her and hope her things can be replaced.

Corey glad you and your family are safe ! Could have been so much worse!
Someone was watching out for all of you.
Take Care
Cristina

Back
Top Bottom