So my house almost burned down......

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
Well, last night was an eventful night first a deer ran into my car (a story in itself) and later my house almost burned down.

So I am sitting on the couch watching tv, I smell burning plastic but didn't really know what I was smellign and just ignored it. Then the fire alarms started going off from upstairs. I run up there thinking that it was the CD detector going off. I get to the top of the stairs and there is black smoke BILOWING out of my sisters room. I start screaming for my sister (who was in the basement) and rush into her room to find that HUGE flames are in her closet, like BIG RED FLAMES. Screaming for my dad and my sisters, I get my littlest sister and all of our dogs out of the house while my dad rushes for the fire extinguisher.

So my dad has two fire extingushers going at the flames and he keeps coming outside to get a break from the smoke then running back in. Finnally he gets them out, but not before the whole house is covered in smoke and the whole closet and it's contents are destroyed.

So we call out the fire department and they come with the firetrucks and the anbulence lights a blazing in about 5 minutes. All decked up in their gear the firemen check out the situation and remove all of the burnt rubble from closet and make sure the fire didn't spread to the attic. They said my dad did a great job at getting the fire out.

We're all safe but the house is a mess, smoke residue everywhere. Sister's closet is ruined and we probably have $2000+ damages from the smoke, all of the ceilings are smoke stained. Most rooms will need to be repainted and we just repainted the whole house last year.

The cause of the fire ended up being from a bunch of things in being plugged up in one outlet and something shorting out and catching her clothes on fire.

Pics to come. -sigh-

Oh my goodness. I am so glad you and your family are safe. That is the important thing for sure. Kudos on your quick thinking.
clap.gif

Oh Man! So glad you and your family are ok!
hugs.gif
Sounds like you and your dad saved the day! Great job! Could have been sooo much worse.

Shelly

Mercy! Glad to hear that your family is safe and sound and that you all didn't loose your whole house. I'm sure that was very scary.

Last edited:
Thank you Lord that you are all fine. Things can be replaced, people and pets can't.

I'm so sorry for both terrible things (hitting the deer and the fire), what an awful double whammy!

Smoke damage is one of those really hard things to clean up (my brother's house has burned with all my things in it), there are special companies that do it and do a great job though. Some things we could never totally get clean though.

Best wishes in getting cleaned up and everything back together.

Back
Top Bottom