So new I haven't started YET!

AaronMPentz

Hatching
7 Years
I am so new to chickens I haven't even started YET!

My name is Aaron Michelle, married, mom of two kids, 3 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 rabbit. I own happy tails pet parlor and work from home grooming dogs...

I have loved animals my whole life and I hope to have a small flock by next summer. I am dedicating this summer to research, preparation, and convincing my husband that I and our 2 kids NEED a small flock of hens!! The goats will come later! LOL!

At this time I am collecting pallets and planning a coop in the back section of our .995 acre lot. There was a cruddy old playhouse that a previous owner had built for her little girl. I kept asking my Husband to get rid of it.

....Well, I went out there today to check it out and once the rotted roof and a few rotted board were removed it is a perfect start to my pallet coop. it even has a "window" which I will make into the chickens ramp to their outside run.

I have contacted a local hardware supply store and have permission to come weekly and collect whatever pallets they have available.

I have alot to learn but can't wait to start!

Knowing husbands, yours will probably break through. He will realize later that he loves you and your kids enough to allow a small chicken coop LOL :)!!! Good luck, I know you'll enjoy your chicks once your husband allows them
woot.gif

Hello and :welcome
Pretty cool what useful you can find in the garden, eh? :p There was an old chicken coop in ours, but it was falling apart and had no useable nest boxes. We managed to turn that into a nice spacey area, just goes to show what can be done. Good luck! Enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom