So perhaps this is the way to do it... set and then LEAVE

Cherlyn

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Alconbury, England
I am setting a dozen coturnix today. On the morning of the 8th, I will lock them down, and then I will get on a plane and travel approx. 5240 miles to the Happiest Place on Earth.

I will have a friend here, of course, who will stay at the house and monitor the incubation. He knows to move the quail to the brooder when all have hatched, and that is pretty much the extent of his duties - everything will be ready ahead of time.

And I will not be here, with my face pressed to the window, shining a flashlight on the eggs approximately every 6.2 minutes, squinting to see a pip. I will be in my happy place. And when I come back to my home in England, my babies will be two weeks old, none of them having been helped into the world.

It will make for a nice experience.

Unless, of course, I pester my friend for updates every 6.2 minutes.

No. I must not.

~Cherlyn

Have a great trip, and enjoy yourself. If I were going from here to England, I'd be saying that I was going to the Happiest Place on Earth. I never tire of visiting England, and would go back anytime. My wife and I just have to have my buddy along because I won't try to drive there.

I know what you mean. I have to peek every few minutes and I candle at day 3 and then every couple days
ep.gif
I can't help it-I'm addicted
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I've gotten very good at telling myself no. That doesn't work it becomes NONONONONONONONO and NO!

Back
Top Bottom