So Sad..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Aug 30, 2011.

1. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] I can't imagine what either one of them must have been feeling at that moment.....

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sad, but also wonderful.

I am a full organ donor. They can have anything that may be of some use; up to and including my skin.

My mom wasn't an organ donor, but she had signed an eye donor card. One of the biggest comforts to me when Mom passed away was just a few days after her funeral when the Lion's Eye Bank representative told us that despite her age, Mom's eyes were in wonderful shape. Two transplants and two people that were able to see because of my mom's gift.

Why did mom do it? Because when I was a child and needed glasses we couldn't afford them. The Lions took care of making sure I had regular eye exams and glasses. It was Mom's way of giving back.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG]

Yes, it was sad but wonderful...
    That little girl gave such a precious gift to that lady and her family.

4. Jencleg

Jencleg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Jasper
    [​IMG] Gee! Thanks RedHen! No really thank you. I was having an awful day and this remimded me just how blessed I am.

5. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    [​IMG] so sad but at the same time so wonderful.

Thank you for sharing.

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please sign those cards. You have no idea what you can do, or when you could be called upon to do it. I have been told that I cannot donate my organs to a living donor. But, I have signed over my body to science. (It's fairly specific in my will.)

Organ donation is one way to find something good in such a tragic loss.

7. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Organ donor, here!

Take all that I have...I won't need it anymore!

Bless your mom's wonderful gift...it's a beautiful legacy.

8. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    [​IMG]

9. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    I am an organ donor also. I have even had the discussion with my kids and they also want to be donors. My 10 year old didn't quite understand at first but once she understood that they weren't going to take anything if she was still "alive" she was ok with it. lol.

We have also done the "Be the match" bone marrow program and I donate blood every 8 weeks. I figure I can make more and if anything that I can do could help someone have even one more day with their child or loved one it is worth it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by