So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

I lost my aunt to lung cancer last month. She had been diagnosed a year ago and it was at stage 3. She did her treatments and started to look better and one day she took a turn for the worse and spent the next few weeks in the hospital. In the end she told the doctors she just wanted to go home. She was in her house for a few minutes, looked around and saw everyone, smiled and said 'Hi" and that was the last she ever said. She went on her own terms surrounded by the ones she loved and whom loved her and you really can't ask for more in times like those. I miss her.

That's the way to do it. Her way.

My hubby is going in for biopsy surgery in his throat. There is a tumor there and he has difficulty talking
sad.png
We both have a feeling it's not good. This Thursday's the big day. He's pretty calm about it, me too - we both know how to handle this by now. There is always HOPE. But I gotta tight feeling in my solar plexus.......

Hey Steff - glad to hear everything is OK!
So sorry to hear this. Hang on to hope. A friend of ours has done remarkably well, and he treats his life like each day is there for him to make a difference in his boys lives. He is still doing well but it was a battle. Keep up your energy and do not let the fear beat you down.
hugs.gif

Hi Luna,
So sorry to hear about your DH's throat. It's good that he has you. You have faced your own cancer, and know that it can be beat. Don't forget to breathe. It helps that feeling in the solar plexus. My best to you!
hugs.gif

thanks Steff.

He had his surgery for biopsy. The Doc asked what oncologist did your wife use???? That says something don't it? He also had a tracheostomy done so he could breathe when they did the biopsy.......don't know if that's permanent.....poor guy, lotsa pain. I'm sure he's feeling like "gee how long do I have?" Kinda numb now.

thanks Steff.

He had his surgery for biopsy. The Doc asked what oncologist did your wife use???? That says something don't it? He also had a tracheostomy done so he could breathe when they did the biopsy.......don't know if that's permanent.....poor guy, lotsa pain. I'm sure he's feeling like "gee how long do I have?" Kinda numb now.

Oh my goodness, Luna. I am glad that your hubby has you by his side. And I am sad that you are venturing down this path again. But, I am going to believe that it is only a short detour and that there will be a positive road ahead. Hugs to you my friend.

One of my brothers with cancer died this morning. Although we knew it was coming, it was still very hard. He had a long fight...four years...and lost.
sad.png
My condolences. I had a recent loss too and like you said knowing it was coming doesn't make it any easier. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Chickenmania I am so sorry for your loss. They are at peace now, the pain is gone. There has to be SOMETHING to help easy folks on. Eliminate and allow them to

Luna what did the pathology say? Keeping everybody in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm doing ok. Went through a period of deep depression. I've been a cancer patient for 5 years how do you start living again when you are not? But I'm doing better. Had to have some minor surgery. Somewhere along the road I developed some hernias, 3 of them. All I could think of was that it was when I did the first rounds of chemo in that had me so sick. They pushed through the scars where I had my gall bladder surgery and appendix. Problem was that I have lost over 80poundst since Christmas and things were shifting and twisting. Lapro surgery all taken care of. Unless I sneeze, lol. Learning to eat again without getting sick. I am down from 285pounds around January to 213 pounds when I got on the scale at the office yesterday.My goal is 175 my high school weight. Hey! A girl and dream!! Need to tone things up but I have no umph right now to it .I'm in a funk! and haven't figured out how to climb out of it yet or if I even want to. I really could snuggle nack in my chair and vegg the world away,

.Butt hat's not me. Where do we go from here?

Back
Top Bottom