So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

Quote:
I have been out of town, so out of touch for a few days, so I just saw this!

Luna... as a surgical nurse I can tell you that that much bruising following your surgery is NOT in any way normal... it is called a hematoma. There is normally none, but a very small amount just right around the incision (within an inch) could be withing the realms of normal. What you describe is bordering on emergency. In other words, they missed a "bleeder". When they were closing you up, they didnt' cauterize either a vein or an artery. Probably a very small one, or you wouldn't be with us now. The point is, they should have seen you immediately!! This could have been a very urgent situation. The fact that you feel fine and it is already changing colors, as long as it is turning green or yellow (which means healing) and not a darker shade of purple, then you have been very lucky indeed!!!!!!!! God was truly watching out for you!!

If you ever have any changes in your condition following surgery, please call the MD or the ER immediately... much better to be safe than sorry.

I am very glad you are feeling better!!!! Blessings Suz

Quote:
I have been out of town, so out of touch for a few days, so I just saw this!

Luna... as a surgical nurse I can tell you that that much bruising following your surgery is NOT in any way normal... it is called a hematoma. There is normally none, but a very small amount just right around the incision (within an inch) could be withing the realms of normal. What you describe is bordering on emergency. In other words, they missed a "bleeder". When they were closing you up, they didnt' cauterize either a vein or an artery. Probably a very small one, or you wouldn't be with us now. The point is, they should have seen you immediately!! This could have been a very urgent situation. The fact that you feel fine and it is already changing colors, as long as it is turning green or yellow (which means healing) and not a darker shade of purple, then you have been very lucky indeed!!!!!!!! God was truly watching out for you!!

If you ever have any changes in your condition following surgery, please call the MD or the ER immediately... much better to be safe than sorry.

I am very glad you are feeling better!!!! Blessings Suz

Yikes, you're scaring me. I explained the size of the "bruised" area to the office this morning, and they acted like it was a normal thing.
hu.gif
I just spoke to my brother & SIL, they are both nurses. My SIL said that if I were feeling light headed, have clammy skin, very weak, fast heart rate, she would be concerned, but I feel good. But this is bothering me now. I'm getting mixed reactions from different people. The area is still dark maroon, with yellowing above that area, it looks like it settled in my lower region from gravity?

My poor DH isn't feeling well this past week, he has a Dr appt tomorrow morning. HE's the one feeling lightheaded and weak. Go figure. It's tax season for him and when he gets home he is doing the grocery shopping......poor guy. I'm afraid to google hemotoma.........well, I think I will anyway.

OK so I googled hematoma.
hide.gif
People were describing their LARGE hematomas 3 in by 3 in for example. Mine is from hip to hip along my bikini line and 3 to 4 inches thick! When I stand in front of the mirror it looks like I'm wearing a very low dark bikini bottom. It also said this kind of trauma needs ice, elevation and rest. I'm on prescription ibuprofen right now. The Dr's office is closed as of 3:00, I'm calling in the morning again. I have a little swelling in the tissue and tender skin. It's not getting bigger, but it's slow to change colour.
hmm.png
And I think the jiggling swelling part is calming down. Otherwise I feel fine. Maybe I do have an angel watching over me.
fl.gif

Once, there was this girl at school with a hickey. She kept flipping back her very short hair and turning her head so we would notice it.
Finally, after the tenth or twentieth hair flip, I gasped really loud, and said " OMG.. you could have died".. She got very concerned,and I added that a hickey is broken blood vessels. Told her it's blood that makes it look that way. Which is 100 percent truth. Just in the way I said it, it sounded worse than it is.
A bruise is the same thing..

Quote:
Run screaming neked through the woods at the top of your lungs?!

I know, I know, go back to my corner ------->

If it wasn't you, it would have been me.

Quote:
You would know by now if there was still bleeding. You would be light headed, nauseous, high heart rate and dropping blood pressure, and it would have happened soon after the bruising appeared. You are out of the woods now, but by all means, call and ask about the ibuprofen, because it will increase bleeding time by decreasing your ability to clot.

You NEED to take it easy. NO lifting... NO twisting etc. I am sooo sorry that your husband isn't feeling well, it is such bad timing. I wish I was closer to you so I could baby you
hugs.gif
. Just remember that it DOES NOT matter if the housework doesn't get done, but it DOES matter that you heal.

So go put your feet up and lie down, but if you have a lap top, it is NOT allowed on your belly as you are lying on the couch
smile.png

Well....................I have to go get radiation & chemo treatments.
sad.png
The cancer in the uterus was stage 1B (I think)
idunno.gif
I had to keep asking, I was very nervous. But they also found some cancer on one of my ovaries, they weren't clear if it was an offshoot from the uterus or a whole different one, It was also a stage 1B or C
he.gif
I was SO NERVOUS, I can always call again, but I think I'll just make that appt to see the oncologist and get things going. They will be more specific I'm sure. The lymph nodes were clear.

I'm not liking this. This seems like a bad dream. I REALLY NEED ALL YOUR INPUT AND EXPERIENCES PLEASE. This will help me. I do not want to google anything that's gonna make me more scared. Please, if you respond to this, don't sugarcoat anything. Give it to me straight. I would appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom