So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

Quote:
wee.gif
Good for you! I'm on my own today, but I'm already feeling myself healing up well. I'm just taking it easy....sorry gretch, I take full responsibility for that earworm. lol

Is this normal? The wound sites look fine and slightly bruised, but from a few inches below my bellybutton all the way down to the tops of my legs and all across my gut was very purple last night. This morning its turning yellowish and brown.
hmm.png
Why would I bruise like that? Is that a reaction from the surgery from inside?

Hey Lunachick.... First of all glad to hear surgery went well. I have had 3 sections and a hysterectomy....so I know first hand how you feel. Remember to take it easy. You well feel strong....go do something and then feel like you have been run over by a truck. Do not over do it!!! Stand up straight....take a nap when you feel like it and walk as much as you can.
Tink

Oh yeah you would bruise thats for sure!

Get well FAST!

For all of us women, don't you think hyster should be done at the age of 40 to 50 when we really do not need our reproductive organs anymore???????? Most of my female relatives on my mother's side all have hyster at early ages from 35 to 45 years of age. As for me I am the lucky one but suffered alot from the C section and not been "right" since then. Had UTI and incision infections and mastitis all in the same month after I had my DD.

All in all, I hope I can get mine done and feel better. Need to knock off the sugars and carbo which I kept falling off the wagon.

Well, I called the office because you guys have me worried! Of course, they're not open, and the only instructions are: call Operator if there's an emergency. I don't feel like I have an emergency. Just curious if it's normal to be a bit bloated under my skin and that bruising I have. My after care instructions from the hospital doesn't mention anything like bruising/swelling. Their only concern is infection. And I know I don't have that. I feel fine, and the surgical site are just a little itchy, not bothersome at all.

I tried to google things like, bruising & swelling after abdominal surgery, and I didn't get any answers. The swelling isn't bad, considering I just had surgery, just feels like a little bit too much jello down there when I walk around. Believe me, I'm taking it easy. I do get up to putter here and there and do small things without bending. If I need to bend - I don't, I just squat while holding onto something for support. I know when to stop and I feel really good today. I was a bit more sore yesterday. The colouring of the bruises are changing too, they look like they are trying to fade out, yellowish and light brown. A good sign?

I will call on Monday, they open at 9:00. Otherwise if it's a normal tissue issue (
lol.png
) I'll just see him on Thursday as planned.

Back
Top Bottom