So the 250lb dead deer refuses to load itself.....

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
And I end up in this I Love Lucy episode I call my life..
lau.gif
gig.gif

DH is never home anymore. He works so hard and he is so exhausted. So we let this hunter who shares our beliefs about how to manage hunting hunt our land. In return he shares the meat. We share processing costs of course.

So the other night he calls the house and asks for DH. He says he got this big buck and could use some help loading it. DH is home but passed out asleep. I refuse to wake him.

So I go to help.
lol.png

I am 5'2" 115 lbs on my overweight days...... This buck is huge. Huge.

The next 45 minutes were roll on the floor funny as the two of us try to muscle this carcass across the property to where we can back his truck to and then up into the truck. We eventually did it. I am still not sure how much help I actually was because it got so silly we both ended up sitting there half in an half out of the truck with my legs trapped under this buck laughing our tushies off.

There you go your absurdist moment for the day.....

That darn buck was just being ungrateful!
lol.png

Train em to get in the vehicle, then shoot em! O.k. I just woke up so forgive my weird sense of humor....

Quote:
Seriously?!?! He (the hunter) has commented on this too. We are overrun. And some of these boys are monsters. This was a ten point buck, standing, I am certain his head was taller than I am. OK maybe he was 200 pounds, but are they really not getting this big in other parts of PA??

DH weighs a little under 200lb and I know what it feels like to move his dead weight (long story) the deer came with handles! LOL and he was harder to move.

The deer up here are HUGE compared to OK. I'm talking the normal deer..not the ones that have been raised on deer farms that seem to be popping up down there.

Seriously. The doe up in PA are more often than not bigger than the bucks in OK.

Back
Top Bottom