so this random guy offered me his whiskey mash?

MrMayo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
So I bumped into a random guy today with a garbage can load of moonshine mash. You know where this is going...... After the I have chickens.... I need to dump this stuff discussion. I have a garbage can load of alabama corn mash. What do I do to it. It is hours out of the pot.

after you saying you have it and it is quite illegal to have, pretty sure i would get rid of it as fast as i could.
big_smile.png

my bad, i have never gave fermented food to the chickens. i hope some one can help. too bad we couldnt just squeeze a drop out though.
big_smile.png

So I bumped into a random guy today with a garbage can load of moonshine mash. You know where this is going...... After the I have chickens.... I need to dump this stuff discussion. I have a garbage can load of alabama corn mash. What do I do to it. It is hours out of the pot.
beging the question where does one run into a man with a can of moonshine mash.

I honestly have no idea what to do with it, stupid question but would it not have an alcoholic content?

Would be a little alcohol in it but not much. If it is mash it should be around 8% alcohol in the liquid he drained off. Some liquid would be left in it. If a wash it would be anywhere from 8-20% alcohol in the liquid he drained off. I imagine wet you'd have some happy chickens. If dried the alcohol would evaporate off. Sorry don't know anything about fermented feed. Hoping someone will give you the process as I'd like to know as well. Assuming it would spoil if kept wet.

This is the most interesting thread I've read on BYC yet! How does this come up in conversation with a random stranger? Bwahahaha! Sorry, I know nothing about ferminted feeding, but I wish I could get so lucky as to run into someone willing to give me that! I'm from AL too! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom