So, update on the rooster I got that had frostbite.

williamn17

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2020
His entire comb has now fallen off today when it started snowing, and it almost looks bloody, I havent touched him yet because he seems mad and grouchy because of it. is there anything I need to do? he seems fine, I put a heat lamp in their coop temporarily because its really cold and its a really fast cold snap(yesterday it was 70 now its 5)\, and I'm not sure if they have all of their down yet so I'm a bit worried about them. but anyways, is the rooster okay?

1606853298010.png
1606853307128.png

He seems fine, chickens can recover pretty well, my leghorn recovered from a twisted toe and my rooster from a lost scale.

P.S He is so cute!!! And he does look a bit grouchy...grouchy for the holidays. What a grinch!:lau

He should be fine now that it has fallen off. In the futcer it might be a good idea to put olive oil on his comb/wattles to keep them from freezing?

In the futcer it might be a good idea to put olive oil on his comb/wattles to keep them from freezing?

when I got him he had frostbite, I got him about a month ago and almost his entire comb was black, all of my other hens are fine and dont have any frostbite, the people I got him from kept him in a huge field in a kinda bad chicken tractor, so it was super cold wind biting him up.

when I got him he had frostbite, I got him about a month ago and almost his entire comb was black, all of my other hens are fine and dont have any frostbite, the people I got him from kept him in a huge field in a kinda bad chicken tractor, so it was super cold wind biting him up.
Well then thanks to you! ( from your rooster )

Well then good job :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom