So very sad...

chikenlady

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Well, today is the day I have been dreading. My 6 week old Barred Rocks and Austrolorps are going to the coop. You say that's a good thing? Not for me
sad.png
My babies are going to the farm were we keep our horses. The owner is not keeping chickens now and said I could fix them up and keep my chickens there.

I did not expect to get so emotional about this...I have been teary and sad. Just thinking about it makes me cry. I will only see them once a day and I am just worried about them. I'm just praying that we have stengthened the coop and run enough to keep them safe.

I just wanted to write this today...
hit.gif

Aww that is sad! Mine are only 4 days old and already I'm dreading putting them in their coop outside! I can see mine from my living room window tho! I would go nuts not being able to see them often!

When you see how happy they are - it will make you feel so much better.

I just put some babies out a few weeks ago - although not my first time, it was really strange to not have chick noises in the house....
the second they got outside - they just loved it, they scratched everywhere and really got into being Chickens.

That has got to be tough that they won't be right there with you all day. I love having the pleasure of looking out my window at my chickens and getting to see them frolic all day. I can certainly understand you being sad. I am sure they will be fine tho and will enjoy their new farm life outside.

Jody

I felt the same way the first night we put our chicks on the roost in thier coop. Like your child off to the first day at school. How WILL they get along without you!
hugs.gif

But from experience, in the future, you will not be able to wait to get the stinky little buggers old enough to go outside.
gig.gif

I feel the same way that you do.
sad.png
In am lucky enough to be able to visit mine in the backyard when ever I want. I certainly understand how much you will miss them, but do think of how happy they will be to go outside and play in the sun. I do hope that the farm isn't too far so you can go and visit more often if you are able. trudy
jumpy.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom