So waddya want for Christmas, and WHY?

For it to be over.
hmm.png
Not saying why.

Quote:
My DH said that's what he would be thankful for at Thanksgiving - for it to be over. Fortunately he is wise enough to say it only to me, and not at the family dinner.
lol.png

Quote:
I wish that for you both also. Is he in the service overseas?

no he is a over the road truck driver, he hasnt been home for 15 weeks now
sad.png
he has missed 2 christmases and 3 thanksgivings...
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Of course people have THREE coops. I have FIVE and they're all on less than a 1/4 acre
lol.png
!

Sounds like your DGD is my kinda gal, "how much do 2x4s cost?" what a riot! Don't worry, you'll get your third coop. If he insists on not building another one you could always do it yourself. I've built the last 3 on my own and they look just as good as the first two we built together (plus we're still married
gig.gif
)

Well, that is what I said....if he would just get on BYC!! Besides, I want my Cochins to continue to be Cochins. My Barred Rocks to be Barred Rocks....and the mixed coop can just mix....they are all my egg layers anyway. Actually, the place I sectioned off for Harry is big enough for him and his two girls. The two Cochin Roosters that I ended up with ......by accident.... they have to be rehomed or spend the winter in the chicken tractor. I have it covered on one end with a tarp and it is secure and gets sun most of the day so they will be okay in there.

So, I went to town today and picked up a couple more tarps. The place I got them had these wood crates that things are delivered in out front. I asked the lady what they did with them and she said did I want one. She even came out to see if I needed help getting it in the back of the truck.....it was easy enough. I am going to wrap it in one of the tarps. There will be 'ventilation' for sure. But at least a place for Harry and the girls to get out of the weather. And the DH won't be able to stand it when I get out there and start building some kind of shelter for Harry.....need to wait on the DGD to get up here and help me out!! She is a hoot and loves the chickens too!

Mostly I want a drama free Christmas- I subscribe to the nuts in a party thought to the family I married into...

I really wish I could see my extended family but that is not going to happen this year so I am trying to stay happy that I will get to see my sis and parents as well as the SIL/BILs who will be coming from all over the country and staying at MY house for a few weeks (see drama free!!!)

Really want an incubator to hatch a few of my own mutts as well as try to actually breed true breeds within my flock

Which brings me to finishing those pesky breeding pens (I doubt it will happen before Christmas and I doubt my DH will think of this as a present so... After the holidays I will be loading up my drill again and getting back to work).

Otherwise peace in my household I would ask for peace on earth but I don't think that it will happen by Christmas. Did I mention I really want a Drama free holiday.

Quote:

sad.png
sad.png

fl.gif
Praying for you too,....
hugs.gif

Quote:

sad.png
sad.png

I am changing my xmas wish...I wish for your Dh to be home with you guys this Xmas!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom