So, we're not supposed to call pets "pets"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really wouldnt like me, I regularly call my dog, Ginger "come on stooopid!", Or knock it OFF stoopid!"...
lol.png

OOH and my cats? I call one of them "faaat boooy", ..... yep... its degrading, for sure.
tongue.png

Last edited:
I think my cats would be offended if I called them my companion animals. That's what they call me and my family!
lol.png
gig.gif

So, if these busy-bodies want to stop me from referring to my dogs and cat as pets, will they blow a gasket when I use "pets" in reference to these?

Blackbird sez, "I am too a pet, darn it!"

Quote:
People use "pet" to get city ordinances changed, for Pete's sake. I can just see a mayor who thought chickens were nasty being impressed by "companion animal...." NOT. To me, "pet" actually conveys more affection than "companion animal" does.

Seriously, offend the animals?

My mom works at a prison and they want them to stop using the term "inmates" b/c it's degrading... instead they want to start calling them "customers." Ummmm... what?

Quote:
Does that mean if they're not satisfied with the service, they can go elsewhere?
lau.gif

Yah, yah. Old news. Many domestic animal rescue groups have been espousing that term for years. I have actually used it when referring to my chickens, though, in very specific instances. Of course, right now I cannot remember what those were....

But I'm in agreement with y'all. "Pet" to me is an endearment. "Companion animal" is not anywhere as endearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
WTH?!? oh my lord, have mercy.......My reply to them would be....Wha! Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom