So.. what am I?

aimeeinwv

Songster
10 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Teays Valley, West Virginia
Read captions for orgin:

This one was hatched by us: Rooster was Welsummer, is Mom a Speckled Sussex you think?
October10226.jpg

From the same hatch: Same Roo - could be Welsummer or Golden Comet Hen? Egg was not very dark though. Look under my name on post for types of other hens I have.
October10228.jpg

These two came with the Meyer Hatchery Rainbow Pullet pack.. one is injured (feathers pecked) so they are separated from the flock right now.
October10229.jpg

No clue - Meyer Rainbow Pullet pack. She's a fast little bugger though!!!
October10231.jpg

Looks kind of thin to be a buff... but WOW! She is beautiful. Biggest of all the same hatch date chicks.
October10235.jpg

last one is a buff orp
second to last I think is a EE not sure it has yellow legs
befor the the EE is somthing splash
punky

Last edited:
First, the hatchery birds -

The first one looks like a Columbian Rock or an Easter Egger (single or pea comb?) And I'm betting it is a cockerel.

Second one is a Brown Leghorn pullet.

Third is a Buff Orpington pullet.

Now, with your hatches -

The first does indeed have Sussex, but certainly won't give you any speckling (if it would, you'd see a white chest on it by now)

The second is definitely a Welsummer color.

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking on the hatches. I'd say the hen was Sussex but the Welsummer Roo took away some speckles. I'm thinking that one is a Roo too.

The last one does indeed look like a wellie. Could be a roo too. Egg was really light colored, not the color of my wellie eggs... I guess we'll soon see! :eek:)

Hatchery birds. Leghorn pullet would be great! It's a spazzy bird too... acts crazy!~

thank you all! Keep up the suggestions! I'm curious!

Back
Top Bottom