So what are your 4th of July plans?!?!

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
Nothing spectacular going on here. We will go to church and then later a barbeque. Then off to stake ourselves out on the lawn downtown to watch fire works and listen to the United States Air Force band play. Should be a nice day.
smile.png

So what are your plans for celebrating the birth of our country?

I'm making (shrimp) gumbo with boudin for supper... have some garlicy bread that only takes a few minutes to heat up.

On the 4th... getting ready to start school Monday (OMG our son is actually looking forward to school!) and blathering on about the DoI... what it was, what it is... about the fellas who were there... and so on. And maybe get some cow for grilling... depends on if the stinking rain ever quits.

And I am KICKING myself for not putting my lil ice cream maker back in the freezer (you freeze the whole 'well' so when it's time you put in ingredients, top with the motor/paddle then turn her on for 25-40 minutes) because now I can't make ice cream today... but I can Sunday.

Hope everyone has a happy and SAFE holiday!

thanks to that stupid hurricane, its supposed to pour for the next few days..its pouring right now!
however, the kids and i discovered that it is indeed possible to shoot off fireworks in the rain so our plans are still to shoot off fireworks and charcoal..ill just stick it on my porch!!
lol.png
thumbsup.gif

I'm on the horse at 6 am....we'll see what happens....equine fireworks can be quite dazzling!

We are going to have some friends over and pop alot of firecrackers. (BIG ONES!) And then we are gonna have a fish-fry.
big_smile.png

ETA: The little kids will probably be terrorizing the dogs and cats with some of the little firecrackers.
roll.png

Last edited:
blowing up my front yard. well i'm not my dad is. but i am going to drink wine and write obscene things in my street with the sparklers LOL around here, my city is the only city where fireworks are legal
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom