So what are your 4th of July plans?!?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Jul 3, 2010.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Nothing spectacular going on here. We will go to church and then later a barbeque. Then off to stake ourselves out on the lawn downtown to watch fire works and listen to the United States Air Force band play. Should be a nice day. [​IMG]

So what are your plans for celebrating the birth of our country?

2. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    Church, nap, block social gathering.

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm making (shrimp) gumbo with boudin for supper... have some garlicy bread that only takes a few minutes to heat up.

On the 4th... getting ready to start school Monday (OMG our son is actually looking forward to school!) and blathering on about the DoI... what it was, what it is... about the fellas who were there... and so on. And maybe get some cow for grilling... depends on if the stinking rain ever quits.

And I am KICKING myself for not putting my lil ice cream maker back in the freezer (you freeze the whole 'well' so when it's time you put in ingredients, top with the motor/paddle then turn her on for 25-40 minutes) because now I can't make ice cream today... but I can Sunday.

Hope everyone has a happy and SAFE holiday!

4. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    thanks to that stupid hurricane, its supposed to pour for the next few days..its pouring right now!
    however, the kids and i discovered that it is indeed possible to shoot off fireworks in the rain so our plans are still to shoot off fireworks and charcoal..ill just stick it on my porch!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I'm going to go home and blow things up!!!! Or if that costs too much, might just make a fire the size of those old geo metro's.

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'm on the horse at 6 am....we'll see what happens....equine fireworks can be quite dazzling!

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:My daughter would be so jealous! [​IMG]

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I'll be sitting outside drinking water [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  9. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    We are going to have some friends over and pop alot of firecrackers. (BIG ONES!) And then we are gonna have a fish-fry. [​IMG]

ETA: The little kids will probably be terrorizing the dogs and cats with some of the little firecrackers. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  10. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    blowing up my front yard. well i'm not my dad is. but i am going to drink wine and write obscene things in my street with the sparklers LOL around here, my city is the only city where fireworks are legal [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by