So what did you cook today?

Today we did...

Brownies

And Apple Muffins

And dinner is something like pork roast and mashed taters and so on

We're branching out in our cooking though since we got the new range, trying Pizza Stromboli next week!

Wildsky Your pie had sextuplets......I think that's the word for 6 babies isn't it.......What is it....I mean them.....Can you mail me one please!!!!! Wow they are soo professional looking....Do you run a bakery.

Yum on all the food.....

6 chickens in st. charles....For the gluten free posting.....Do you put raw eggs on the hash or how it that made?
For the chinese,,,,,try to see if you can find rice wrappers for making egg rolls, all the ingredients...the veggies should be gluten free

Do you know that since I started this thread I've ballooned......Yowser it's just reading and seeing all this food makes me hungry.....On top of which I got more cookbooks from Mom In laws and they are awesome full of old fashioned recipes.

Okay,,,,,My report for the day....mmmmm...Cream of broccolli soup with fresh broccoli from garden.....
Peanut butter pie, with homemade crust, cream cheese and whipping cream,,,,,,, too rich for words....

Tonight it's nacho night.....Yum! Hubby's cooking and I'm glad.

Chickadee what is strombollie?

Made some homemade butter today and cream cheese today....

I'm craving eggnog, but probably will make tomorrow.....Never made any before, I'm ashamed to say....

Well Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif
There are only two little ones left, I'm sure hubby will sneak those when I go to bed tonight!

They're a South African pie, called a Melktert, mostly Milk, a little butter, flour, cornstarch, 2 eggs (my last 2 - dang chickens!!!
somad.gif
) sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.

Found a chicken dated 2/09 .....Yikes it was in the freezer
lau.gif

So it was a stewing we will go..... Last night melted chicken on tortillas, rice and beans....

Today, chicken and rice soup with a kick up of tiny pieces of greens ....kale probably......

Yawn, up too early and kitch too dirty...On BYC with first cup of joke......

Have a blessed and Happy New Years!

Well, brunch was oatmeal, sourdough biscuits (Cooked on top of wood stove in camper type of oven) , beefsteaks (cubed) in milk gravy, blueberry pancakes (sourdough) with blueberry compote, milk & coffee

And rushing between bites to check on the bunny mothers... Babies were born this morning to 3 bunny mommies.....Yikes! 2 more mothers due to kindle.

This pm, the wood stove was busy cooking....Braised beef simmered in vegetables soup (home canned) and added more veggies, okra, tomatoes, limas, etc from freezer and onions

Also cooked rice on wood stove and now cooking a cobbler on top of the wood stove. I love cooking on the old buck stove, it makes me feel like a pioneer! really!

Except for the tv, and the computer, I'd be my grandmother soon.....
smile.png
And that would be a good thing....Feel like I need an apron and bonnet! and ride a horse to town.

Happy New Years and don't forget to answer that question.....So, what did you cook today?

went to daughters for thanksgiving and no leftover turkey... went there for christmas and we had nachos.. all i wanted was turkey.. so today i made roast turkey, dressing, candied yams. mashed taters and turkey gravy, rolls and cranberry sauce.... finally turkey lol

Back
Top Bottom