so what do you think this dream means? AVAILABLE FOR HIJACKING :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rcentner, Dec 20, 2011.

1. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    I keep having this reccurring dream, it's a little different each time, but mostly the same.
    It's evening time and I return to my house and start checking on the chickens and making sure they are all in so I can close them up for the night. These parts are always the same.. I have multiple chicken coops in my dream and I am running back and forth between them to make sure all are accounted for. I am always picking some up and putting them in the coop they belong in. And trying to get them arranged where they belong cause of course they all dont go where they are supposed to. and they are always free ranging the yard in my dreams.

wierd, now I only have 1 chicken coop and they do not free range unless I am home...they have a run.

anyone have any idea what this dream might be trying to tell me? Just wierd that I have had this dream atleast 3 times in the last few months. and I knew only other crazy chicken people would have any idea [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    You are worried about your chickens escaping. And *rubs hands over crystal ball* you will soon have an unexpected visitor, heralded by a purple onion!

3. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    You have some un-resolved issues and you are working so hard to get things "right" by doing this over and over. Now.............what is it that needs to be resolved?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The 'heralding purple onion'. [​IMG]

5. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    This is cool! Shall we start a thread about what our dreams mean???? I have quite a few surreal ones!

6. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Quote:I have thought this very thing as I am a dreamer and have night terrors. In fact every time I fell asleep the other night I had another.

Now to the OP's dream.

Clearly something is worrying you about your chickens. Do you think you have to many and need another coop? Have you seen any preds lately or lost any birds? Are you concerned about the winter? Seems to me what you are doing is "organizing" chickens.

Is there something out of order in your life that is important to you? (your chickens are a substitute for what ever it is.) Do you feel there is something your not in control of? Perhaps a job or someone else you loves job? Are you in dispute in some relationship?

It could very well be the Christmas holiday and not being able to or feeling you won't get everything done before the big day comes. Your running around trying to get everything ready and find what ever it is you need. [​IMG] is this how you feel?

We're here for you, [​IMG]

Rancher

Folks here's some advice if the party is at YOUR house. You make the main dish and everyone brings a dish to pass or assign each to bring something to complete the menu. Example: " Honey your salads are so much better than mine, could you bring the salad?" or " I don't know what the kids will drink, can you bring some type of soda?" then say, "Oh your so nice, thanks dear" Which you say BEFORE they get a chance to say no. [​IMG] Just practice your lines and you'll get it right.

DW ALWAYS asks "what can I bring?" She taught me to never go anywhere empty handed. Her desserts always go over big.

7. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    Quote:I think that would be cool! But don't look at me to start it. Most of my threads never get off of the ground! That's why I wait until a thread gets a few reply's before I post in them. I have to time it just right or I might kill the thread.

8. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Nothing, or you're concerned about your chickens. [​IMG] You're looking for something profound where there is none.

9. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Your waking worries are just manifesting in your subconcious state of sleep. I have frequent dreams about my chickens being caught in a flood and I'm doing all I can to save them. The truth is where I live it floods and I have thought and made plans about what to do with them when it happens, so I have really stressed over the issue. You're just chicken obsessed is all. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  10. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    You worry too much and you need more chickens to fill those dream coops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by