So what sounds like "Help"??

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by sred98, Jun 7, 2010.

1. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have thought for the past 2 years it is a peacock. To me, it sounds like that. However, after meeting the people that I thought owned the peacock...no peacock exists. [​IMG] It calls regularly, and tonight I heard 3 different ones all calling at once. I am in the middle of the woods, and there are no people out here that raise peacocks. I tried doing a search, but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? It sounds vaguely like a woman calling for help.

Thanks!

Shelly

2. fours2many

fours2many Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    Naples, Florida
    I have never heard anything that sounds like that. Maybe call your wild life center. They should know. If they do not know and you keep hearing "help"...maybe a call to the police would be a good idea.

3. lovin'6chicks

lovin'6chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    A lot of times foxes can sound EXACTLY like a woman crying help.

4. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    lovin'6chicks :

A lot of times foxes can sound EXACTLY like a woman crying help.

Hmmm....I have heard their crazy "yodeling" noise and their barking...never heard them make a noise like this. My speakers are messed up on my computer so I can't YouTube it.

I don't hear it in the winter, that is why I thought it was a neighbor's exotic or something, but it's not. I'm pretty sure there is no one in the woods crying for help. I think we would have found them by now. [​IMG]

Thanks,

Shelly​

5. lovin'6chicks

lovin'6chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    I wish you could hear Youtube. It's the sound of a vixen fox calling for a mate. Sounds just like "help." Really eerie when you hear it in the woods!

6. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Screech owls sound human sometimes.

7. brendapa

brendapa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2010
    Chester County, PA
    Screetch owls almost sound like a horse whinnying but mournful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by