So what sounds like "Help"??

sred98

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Oklahoma
I have thought for the past 2 years it is a peacock. To me, it sounds like that. However, after meeting the people that I thought owned the peacock...no peacock exists.
hmm.png
It calls regularly, and tonight I heard 3 different ones all calling at once. I am in the middle of the woods, and there are no people out here that raise peacocks. I tried doing a search, but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? It sounds vaguely like a woman calling for help.

Thanks!

Shelly

I have never heard anything that sounds like that. Maybe call your wild life center. They should know. If they do not know and you keep hearing "help"...maybe a call to the police would be a good idea.

lovin'6chicks :

A lot of times foxes can sound EXACTLY like a woman crying help.

Hmmm....I have heard their crazy "yodeling" noise and their barking...never heard them make a noise like this. My speakers are messed up on my computer so I can't YouTube it.

I don't hear it in the winter, that is why I thought it was a neighbor's exotic or something, but it's not. I'm pretty sure there is no one in the woods crying for help. I think we would have found them by now.
wink.png

Thanks,

Shelly​

I wish you could hear Youtube. It's the sound of a vixen fox calling for a mate. Sounds just like "help." Really eerie when you hear it in the woods!

Back
Top Bottom