So...when is the OLD AND UGLY coop contest?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Beekissed, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Or did I miss it? I really enjoyed seeing all the pretty little coops in the prettiest coop contest! Looked better than my own home. [​IMG]

Now....when do we get to have a contest for old and ugly coops? Or the most red-neck coops? [​IMG]

That would be a fun one! [​IMG]

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    I agree, should have seen ours before we took over the wood shed!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    How about 'new and ugly' coops? Mine isn't built yet (construction begins--and hopefully ends!---this Thursday), but I'm sure it won't be the best looking structure on the outside. But I wouldn't want to create something 'cute', it might clash with the rest of the buildings on the place! [​IMG]

4. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    ide love to have an old and ugly coop contest i would have a blast showing my fugly thing off

5. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:nifty i think you already won the battle [​IMG] its better than nothing and i think the inside looks great

6. Beekissed

Who won? [​IMG]

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    I don't think that one was a contest.

Actually, all of them (besides the upside down bin, which was completely awesome and ingenuous I must add) didn't look that bad. Most were very nice, had a lot of character, and were quite charming, in my opinion.

8. Beekissed

I think I could win the oldest coop.....mine is around 50-60 years old! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by