So when's too many chickens going to be too many?!?!

Quote:
Cute Dachshund in your little picture! Looks just like mine! Sorry off the subject just couldn't resist!

BTW We have 4 chickens and when we get a bigger property I will have sooooo much more.....
lol.png
D.gif

This week I sold 10 BBS silkie chicks and 3 mutt chicks! And so far this week, I have hatched out: 43
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Chicken math at it's finest!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

A year ago when we started this little adventure
wink.png
, DH said a dozen chickens is a good plenty! We now have 27 and he has built me an incubator! He is also talking about increasing the size of the run and I am on the lookout for another coop or supplies to build one!!

It is a great addiction!!!

hmmm....too many chickens, I can't answer that one, I have no concept of too many chickens.

My husband did tell me last week that if we get another breed in here he was leaving me....I just looked at him and told him when he did his shop (50' x 100') was going to become my new chicken pen. I never cracked a smile when I said it.

Give 'em heck gumps!!
thumbsup.gif

geez we started with 5 hens and now - heck i dont even know.

what are you kidding me? we got us a poultry-palooza here!!!

I have 27 with 30 on the way...
Quote:
I didn't think there was such a thing as too many.

HOWEVER:
#1) If you run out of LAND, you have too many.
#2) If you cannot sell or give away the eggs, you have too many.
#3) If you have an injured rooster in your wine cellar, you have too many (roosters, that is...)

Craigslist helped me with #3, so I have an order of pullets on the way in 2 weeks!

Back
Top Bottom