So when's too many chickens going to be too many?!?!

Quote:
lau.gif

i was only supposed to have 4 then a week later it was 10 five weeks later 12, and now i'm secretly planning a bator and some quail eggs,,,,
celebrate.gif
Addictions are Fun
ya.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

i was only supposed to have 4 then a week later it was 10 five weeks later 12, and now i'm secretly planning a bator and some quail eggs,,,,
celebrate.gif
Addictions are Fun
ya.gif

Oh, he knows they make me happy, so really doesn't mind! He just isn't the one who takes care of them and every once in awhile he will pop his head in the coop and do a tally. That's when he notices how much the flock is growing!
lol.png
Hey! It's spring and lots of hatching is going on here, so I don't really know what to say to him except that I need more coops!
big_smile.png

I wish I knew the secret to getting DH even interested in the chickens. To his credit, he did catch one for a buyer when I wasn't here, but that's it. No building, no feeding, doesn't even look at them unless I insist. On the other hand, he's doing the entire veggie garden alone...... and he eats my cooking, tolerates my lack of housekeeping...... so, ok, I can live with it.

And he hasn't said anything about the growing flock!

Uh oh... I JUST started and have 25 already! My chicks came today and I'm already thinking "oh I should get a Guinea" and " Maybe I should have gotten some PENCILED hamburgs cuz aren't they pretty" and other dangerous, more chickens in my future kinda things. I'm just starting out and this post was not encouraging that I'll be able to stop!

wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom