So.. Where did you come from?

I have a mostly mixed flock. Most likely from a red Phoenix rooster and one of the smaller blue hens in the flock. The one's I've hatched with the peppered outer stripes on the head seem to have the blue gene like these 2 with a red body and blue tail and flight feathers. That pullet makes me think those like that are coming from one of the blue hens with the black head.View attachment 3606986View attachment 3606987theres one of the broodies front left closest to the camera. But I keep a lot of hens I don't care to keep just for the roosters happy in my little breeding project lolView attachment 3606989

What a pretty flock!

I hatched this guy last year and he has a lot of what I'm looking for with my breeding project. Phoenix tail but carries it more upright with the Liege build. Granted he doesn't have the Lieges size but he's a little bigger than a Phoenix. Definitely crossing him back to the Liege hens to get that tail gene more in the mix and probably the Phoenix hens as well to help grow there size. Could you imagine one like this Liege sized at nearly 3ft tall lol
Screenshot_20230803_201312_Gallery.jpg

I hatched this guy last year and he has a lot of what I'm looking for with my breeding project. Phoenix tail but carries it more upright with the Liege build. Granted he doesn't have the Lieges size but he's a little bigger than a Phoenix. Definitely crossing him back to the Liege hens to get that tail gene more in the mix and probably the Phoenix hens as well to help grow there size. Could you imagine one like this Liege sized at nearly 3ft tall lolView attachment 3607009
He is beautiful :love Good thing you are getting more like him

For anyone that thinks she doesn't look broody lol you know how broodies fluff up and scream at everyone in the yard. She doesn't do that to me. She'll be fluffed up in the yard 20ft away. Then see me and come running unfluffing on the way before flying up in my hand for petting WHEN BROODY. Looks like she's shrinking on the way to me lol. She don't put up a fuss if I move her or the eggs and brings her chicks to me. I took a video last year when she brought her chicks to me and sat on my foot.
Then by the 1st week the chicks are like this
That is her at the very end of the clip walking with us. She is one weird bird but you cant help but love her lol

Back
Top Bottom