So.. Where did you come from?

Nashv755

Songster
Apr 10, 2020
I got home from work today, pulling up the driveway and see this guy standing in my spot before darting into some bushes lol
20230811_175537.jpg
I guess it came from the nesting box on the front porch. There's 2 brooding together in a small stainless steel garbage can and I hear chirping. I guess he went exploring and fell off the porch. So I guess it's time to move them to the ground floor lol

Congrats..
Did the broodies have your permission to sit and hatch on the front porch?
Yes, That spot is usually reserved for my favorite so I let them have it to keep Red from going broody again. Red hatched 3 clutches last year and the year before, 1 so far this year. She loves that spot but I don't want her sitting that much. It had a lid I could close at night plus it's under my bedroom window and she believes the safest spot in the yard is near me lol. Plus the dog is on and under the porch all night. They are well protected lol

Aw, what a cutie! :love

Glad you found it before it got lost!
Yea it was kinda funny all of the chickens ran for my truck coming down the driveway as usual. But the tiny chick was like ok crap it's going to eat me and ducked in the brush lol I gave up looking for him and feed the flock. He darted into the flock. After a few pecks they sent him in my direction and he dropped at my feet like I give up when I reached for him. I can make a tuk tuk sound like a hen makes. That picture is less than 20 seconds after catching him and looks pretty happy on his ride back to mom lol

Looks partridge coloured but I wonder what breed it is. Do you know or do you have all kind of mixes?
I have a mostly mixed flock. Most likely from a red Phoenix rooster and one of the smaller blue hens in the flock. The one's I've hatched with the peppered outer stripes on the head seem to have the blue gene like these 2 with a red body and blue tail and flight feathers. That pullet makes me think those like that are coming from one of the blue hens with the black head.
20230812_080916.jpg
20230812_081051.jpg
theres one of the broodies front left closest to the camera. But I keep a lot of hens I don't care to keep just for the roosters happy in my little breeding project lol
20230812_080740.jpg

Back
Top Bottom