so whos getting excited for duck laying season? :D

Ducklove334

Off to another pond
11 Years
Nov 4, 2008
Virginia
I know i am
lol.png
, all of my ducks but 7 of them are old enough to lay now, yays!

it's been fairly mild around here this winter, today it was in the 50's, sooo I'm hoping the ducks start laying really soon, i can't wait to have some lil peeps
wee.gif

Last edited:
ooh!..i want baby ducks so badly!..i have to hens now...and i love them to death!...ducks are awesome!....i will def. be getting some eggs this spring to hatch...
big_smile.png

I wish mine would hurry up and lay! I'm getting sick of free loaders! I have had all 4 of my females for at least 3 months and haven't gotten one egg! Two of them might not be old enough, but the other two definitely are. They are just being lazy!

I guess I shouldn't complain about no eggs for 2 weeks, huh? LOL

I just added a "night light" to the duck hutch. I should know if that is going to help soon. My buff wont lay until Spring, but the khaki and the runner should be laying any time.

Last edited:
i live in mass..and i am still getting 1 duck egg every day..out of my 2 hen ducks(the other day i had 2 in the nest..)...but..i suppose it will stop soon..because of the winter?...i dont really eat the duck eggs anyways so..it dosent bother me if they lay or not....well..i do add them to my scrambled egg mixture sometimes,and they taste pretty good.....but my pets mostly get them...

ME ME ME! I'm very eggcited!
wee.gif
:weee

My girls layed up till late November....then it got cold (for N. GA!)

I'm hoping they will lay in a month or 2. I should be swimming in eggs with 8 hens!
droolin.gif

Then I will incubate a couple....yay!
big_smile.png
love.gif
good thing my dh loves me!
tongue.png

I can't wait for fresh duck eggs. Yummy!
Normally at least 2 lay through the winter, but it has been especially harsh here and the girls went on strike and I can't blame them!
Once the weather gets back to normal we will see eggs again, but in the meantime, I am enjoying watching and interacting with them.

I love my ducks.
love.gif

None of my hens have even layed thier first eggs yet, cept for maude, my 2ish year old pekin, but she hasn't layed since it started getting cold O_O.

my blue swede won't be old enough til...april, and my 5 muscovie ducklings just finished getting thier flight feathers, I'm not sure how old my white scovie hen is.

Back
Top Bottom