so whos getting excited for duck laying season? :D

Hi!
I'm excited! All my Pekin girls (5 crested, 2 non crested) and my 2 Pied girls (a black and a blue *possibly* Magpie) are ALL laying --- Yaaay!

smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
yay!....after i am done hatching the quail eggs that are coming this week in the mail..(hopefully)...can i please get a few crested pekin eggs off of you?...
fl.gif
bow.gif
big_smile.png

Well, looks like I need to go on an egg hunt again. It has been pretty nice here lately (except today...BRRR!) so they should be laying! I saw them wandering in the pasture today, and I didn't even realize they went that far away from the pond! Looks like I need to broaden my search area!
lau.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
....ooh..i'm SO sorry!..i JUST remembered that it was the other way around...if you do the squirrel dance for the ducks...they WONT lay!...
he.gif
..i am SO sorry miss jane!...now..i dont know WHAT to tell ya...you may to get more ducks now..just to be safe...
wink.png

well that explains the look on their faces when i was out there doing this:
bun.gif

oh Lord, if i bring home anymore ducks there could be serious repercussions!

My girls are starting to get in the mood now methinks, Maude and Big Lenny My pekin pair (Lenny is crested) who spent most of the winter apart, have been stuck up each others...feathers for the past week, Lyra and Mojo(Cayuga, and Pekin x Ancona mix) have a thing going on too xD

I glanced at the house, and I think there are a few starts of nests!!

Dipsy Doodle Doo you should sent me some of those eggs too
wink.png

Nothing out of my slackers yet. I figure they are between 8 and 10 months old (hatched last Spring). They are finally starting to wander out of the pen and in to the yard. I have also been opening the hutch lid to let light in when it's nice out.

Any day now

::tap tap tap:::

Back
Top Bottom