So who's in lockdown right now? and what are you hatching?

I'm thinking my bator is running a bit warm. I had three goslings hatch last week on day 28. I went on lockdown for my ducks yesterday which sould have been day 25. Today I have four pips and one little Pekin that just hatched!

That leaves me with :

two goose eggs still in the bator, no pips

three silkie duck eggs, one pip

eight Pekins, four pips, one hatched

I 've learned not to give up easy.......
One hatched 23rd day, one 24th, and this morning (day 25).another was runnung around the incubator.
Was going to dump the eggs last night....glad I didn't =Oh, these are chicken egs

This is only my second lock-down. I have 5 BCM's that are a week old & am waiting on 16 eggs in the incubator.

I have:
7 Blue cochin bantams
2 Black cochin bantams (out of 6- WAAAHH!!)
4 BLRW

Then I have 3 of my own mutts that are 3-5 days behind the others......I don't dare put them in my faulty home-made incubator, so I they make it through lock-down with the others....

pop.gif

In my home-made incubator- they hatched on day 24....now I'm using an octagon 20 & hoping for a better hatch.

two goose eggs still in the bator (and a little overdue), no pips

three silkie duck eggs, one pip

eight Pekins, four pips, two hatched

Another Pekin baby!

Mine went into lockdown last night, this is my first try with my new suro 20.
I have some Mille fleur cochin, black mottled d'Uccle, Blue Mottled d'Uccle and Spangled Orloff eggs in.
Some are mine and some are shipped.
today is day 19 and I already have one over achiever, lol.

Quote:
Hee hee....Fairybee I can so relate. I was present for my granddaughter's birth a year ago and not nearly the worry as these 18 little eggies in lockdown. We are at day 21 with 3 pips and the occassional peeps from the bator. The first pip happened last night and seems very quiet now. I am repeating my "hatching takes energy" mantra that all is well. Had some weird temp spikes lasting for 30 min this morning 102-104 but have been consistenly back at 100 since then.
Good luck to you.

We went into lockdown on Sat and no babies yet. Put 2 pips! We are hatching mainly from the backyard... 2 mutts some D'Uccle's and hopefully at least one silkie!
fl.gif

I have 2 goose eggs in lockdown but I have to add another to the hatcher tomorrow. They are due Wed, thurs and Sat, staggered dates. Right now the 2 in there are wiggling around. My geese are mixed breed so I'm not even 100% sure for their hatch date... just waiting.

I have 13 more in the bator and I am setting about a dozen more on Wed.
I'll be hatching embdens, chinese and some mixed geese. I think one of the mamas is pure embden and the other is part toulouse/african or something. She's a big brown one. We'll find out when they hatch!

I will lockdown 29 eggs as soon as I go home tonight.
I turned my lockdown bator on yesterday and waiting it has stable temp. and humidity.
19 are blue marans eggs from peachick and 10 are french black copper marans from Pasofino.
Due date is April 15th and I cannot wait!

Back
Top Bottom