So who's in lockdown right now? and what are you hatching?

Fairybee

Songster
9 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Wolverhampton
im in my first ever lockdown with my 3 embden geese eggs i started off with 6 and slowly we have got too 3 but now i feel like something is missing and finding it hard to sit on my hands m eggs are due on the 17th there 30th day so what's everyone got?

I have a broody in lockdown, does that count? She is sitting on 5 eggs which will be mutts from my own flock, due tomorrow/Wednesday. Possibly some green eggers in there which will be exciting! Good luck with the geese!

anytype of lockdown counts
smile.png
but i may say it could be worse for you i can look into the bator and see straight away you gotta let the broody do all the work for you or are you one of these old wisened breeders who dont panic like a noobie like me
smile.png

Oh I panic plenty!
lol.png
She seems to be cool calm and collected though. I have had a few broodies, but none of them ever hatched anything so i am quite excited to see what happens!

good we can panic together i wasnt even this nerveous with having my little girl i just shrugged my shoulders and excepted it now im panic panic panic i would carry the bator round with me if i could

We are with you here, candled 270 eggs last night, found 22 duds and the rest went into lockdown a day early as we had one hatch yesterday, no other pips were found so we have our fingers crossed.

We have a mix of barred rocks, white rocks, buff orphingtons, EE, silver laced wyandottes, production reds , black australorps, Lt brahams, and buff cochins.

Good luck on your hatches everyone.

brahmas.jpg

think its the worst thing ever to be in lockdown but im preparing the brooder today just incase it does all go right is it bad to say im still not getting my hopes up for any to hatch even though ive seen one of the eggs kicking awa under candeling i know if i get my hopes up it will all go wrong and have no hatches

My incubator is in lockdown, was due to hatch on Saturday, and here it is Monday with nary a peep....
hit.gif

This is our first attempt ever, candled at 14 days and had 6 out of 12 that were showing signs of life. Now...nada,
idunno.gif
, how much longer should I wait? Porcelain D'uccles is what we were hoping for...

Back
Top Bottom