Soap Makers Help!

I am so happy that I was able to get free shipping but it said that it will be here on or before August 5
hmm.png
I'm orrible at waiting. I can't wait to hang it up in my tent for everyone to see
big_smile.png
The money from this next market is mostly if not all of it, going to ordering oils. I need those real bad.

I'm getting requests for an Earl Grey tea soap. With the bergamot in it, that should be nice, I would think. But, who to order from? TSW has one, but there are few reviews at the Scent Review board. I googled it and see a few others but am not finding reviews on those either. Does anyone have experience with these?

I would think just the tea would not hold in soap... You'd want to add EO bergamont to it...

I made a sassafras tea and had high hopes that the smell would hold as it was a concentrated tea but it has faded... Looks nice and my nephew said it smelled like fruit loops and rootbeer....

I just got my order from TSW and can't wait to try the lotion base.... What size bottles did you use for your lotion?? I have some squeeze bottles that are about 3 ozs but I thought that they were a bit big....

Guess I wasn't clear enough on that.

I was asking about an actual FO that was tea scented, preferably with Bergamot to give it an Earl Grey scent.
Brambleberry has one called Black Tea that some say has a citrus scent to it. TSW has one called Earl Grey & Honey and a lot of people not the honey overtones, which isn't what I was hoping for, even if it does sound yummy.
big_smile.png
TSW also has one called Iced Black Keeman Tea that some folks say is a straight up tea scent, which I'd probably have to blend with bergamot myself to get that Earl Grey that I'm aiming for.

Others found online but not at the SRB are by From Nature With Love, Southern Soapers, and others.

Also, while reading at the Soap Review Board, I see good comments on the Symphony Scents "Red Clover Tea" that some folks say is a great seller for them. It's not an Earl Grey scent, but does look interesting.

Hi All,

I've been having a great time reading this thread snd getting very excited about making my first batch. I'm only on pg 177 and am trying to read everything and get a look at all the pictures! Love the pictures.

Any way, I just scored 8 gallons of Partially hydrogenated Vegetable oil from freecycle. Does anyone have any good recipies for this oil? I haven't actually looked at any of the soap/lye calculators. Are they able to determine the values for a mixed vegetable oil?

Thanks for the help.

I'm soo excited, this weekend or next I'll have all the supplies to start making soap! Woo Hoo!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Just picked the oil up today.

Nope not crisco.

It is still a thick liquid after refrigeration. Can I just enter vegetable oil into the calculators?

Can someone link me to where a good but simple liquid laundry soap recipe is? I'm new to soapmaking, but I have always wanted to learn, and seeing it mentioned here it seems like a good place to start (I like 7th gen. liquid detergent, which gets expensive with all the laundry we go through)

I put laundry soap recipe in the search box, but it brought me to this thread and after reading several pages about bar soap, I"m not sure where to look.

LA~Poulet :

Can someone link me to where a good but simple liquid laundry soap recipe is? I'm new to soapmaking, but I have always wanted to learn, and seeing it mentioned here it seems like a good place to start (I like 7th gen. liquid detergent, which gets expensive with all the laundry we go through)

I put laundry soap recipe in the search box, but it brought me to this thread and after reading several pages about bar soap, I"m not sure where to look.

http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm This is the one I use. I love it! In fact I am making some tomorrow. Ive thought about adding fragrance to it, just havent gotten around to it yet. In the search engine, try typing in "homemade laundry detergent". That comes up with a whole lot of them.​

Back
Top Bottom