Soap Makers Help!

Morgaine,

What do you put in your lotion base from TSW?? I bought some from them and really like the feel but it is very thick... on their site they said you can thin it by adding other stuff...

I want to add some Vit E and Vit A and collagen along with scent but was not sure how to make it a bit thinner.... suggestions??

I gave them a call and they lady was great! Very friendly and helpful. I thinned it with a little aloe juice that I had to sterialize first. I brought it to a low boil and then turned it off and left it covered untill it cooled and then slowly added until I had the texture I wanted.

PS, I got the lotion base from Texas natural supply.

I would give TSW a call and see what they say about it. HTH

I also use the plain OO, but I get mine at Costco. It's the least expensive I've found so far - currently $19.99 for 5 liters.

Edited to add: As a comparison, the bottle weighs 10 lbs.

Last edited:
I use Pomance since I can get it from GFS (gordon food service) cheaper than I was getting OO from Sam's. $12.79 per gallon
cool.png

Oh this sucks!
hit.gif
I called animal control earlier just to find out what the poultry laws are around here. Didn't tell them my name or anything though. I can't have my girls
hit.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
I have to have 2 1/2 acres and they have to be 150 feet from neighbours property. This sucks
hit.gif

I told DH we need to hurry up and get our 6 foot wood privacy fence up but he said it is still against the law to keep my girls fence or no fence. He said I could keep them but that when they get found I'm taking all the blame and getting the fine and then I will still have to get rid of my girls.
So now I have to find new homes for them next week because I know he's right but this really really really sucks! I don't know what to do. Our neighbours don't have a problem with them and it will help when our new fence goes up. Right now we have a chain link fence but I know this other one will help. I so want to keep them and just keep them hidden safely away
hit.gif
duc.gif

hugs.gif

First, go look up the laws yourself. You don't know if they are telling you the truth or not. If they are, I know there are threads about getting them to allow you to have chickens. 2.5 ac is a lot to have to have a bird. I would fight them on it. If none of your neighboors are complaining, I don't see the harm in keeping them. We are not supposed to have chickens either, but I'm not getting rid of them till someone complains ( and very soon we will move where it won't matter)

If you want to fight it, I would start gearing up now.

Quote:
No one complians and the one side has a kid that likes to look at them. The reason I called was because in September my DH is going to adopt my kids and I know that someone from the courts are supposed to come over and look at the house to make sure everything is in order. I was going to send the chickens over to my MIL's during that visit. I have tried to look up the laws before but I can't find them. I'll keep looking. We want to move to a different county but that will be a couple years at the very least. DH told me I need to call that county and find out their laws on it as well.

Back
Top Bottom