Soap Makers Help!

soap1001.jpg

This is the freehand heart column pour over (I'm sure there is a better name for the technique). The flash made it look strange and spotty.
That was so much fun, I want to make a goat milk soap that resembles a watermelon slice using the same technique.
If I use unsweetened cocoa powder to color the seed part, will it smell like chocolate? I don't want it to smell chocolate-y.
I know better than to mix red mica and honey again, hahaha.
Can someone recommend a good FO or EO that smells like fresh-cut grass or new-mown hay? I'd rather have that scent than sweet melonish.

Thanks!
smile.png

Lisa

Love love love it Dipsy!! That is all I do it print the labels on my printer...I figure it's better since you throw them away anyhow! There are custom label printing shops out there with waterproof labels etc.

Thanks! My friend I get the goat milk from, is selling the soap for me (she is excited I started soaping because she doesn't have time to keep up with demand) and said the bars needed ingredients and contact info on *each* bar --- and that was the best I could come up with. I don't know anything about *labeling soap* except for what is in this thread (another Thanks! ).
smile.png

Lisa

Wow! I never really gave much thought about the color, fragrance yes. I have a page with information on soap making at my site, you can find it at the bottom.
To answer your question you can use a powered dye, but as mentioned use food coloring. Being a single person I wind up with a lot of extra's, especially when fall comes. Most of what I make is given a way. Good luck!

Welcome!

I just want to say that you need to be careful when using food colorings. They can morph if not test in soap and if you use too much can stain.

Back
Top Bottom