SOAP MAKERS UNITE!

equine chick

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 9, 2007
Volant Pa Lawrence County
We used to have an active soap making thread on here a few years ago and I learned a lot from it. It was nice to see new ideas and talk with beginners and real professional soap makers. I actually started a business in soapmaking in my community back then and had to stop due to commitments on work and recently decided to try my hand at soap making again after many requests from my customers. So soapmakers and I know you are out there so even if its something you are thinking about please join the thread.

Awesome! I’m in... I need a kick in the rear end to get me motivated again. I picked up all my supplies last winter, but due to a refrigeration issue lost all my rendered tallow. Well, I had very fat Ravens and mice this winter. I won’t be actively making any until fall when the beef fat is available again. Looking for good mold suggestions!

I like wooden molds. I have one from bramble berry a small 5 lb mold but check out the etsy makers lots of mold makers on their and very reasonable. The silicone liners from essential depot are also really good too, never had trouble with them with my soap. I plan on making a batch next month I need to get together my oils. I never used real tallow but would like to try one day, I live near an amish community and sure I could find some if I asked around at my amish tack store.

I think the hardest part is putting together a recipe. I saw Katie from royalties soap has a fool proof blend from nurture soap you can buy. I like to add my own tweaks on different recipes. Essential oils is a hit and miss until you come up with the right combo. A lot of the companies like WSP and bb have eo and usage % and their results in cp soap.

I would love to get into soap making, but I feel my 9-5 (more like 7-6) will get in the way.
It’s like anything you got to set aside time. The important thing is get prepared. Read up on it, watch the videos there are tons on you tube and gather your supplies. When I make soap I set aside an afternoon or evening. It only takes a hour to make a batch, the rest of it is cure time .

I'll have to try it some day! I wanted to make my own laundry soap, but I heard most don't work. I'd love to make homemade soap that's actually good for you since Im trying to reduce the chemicals my family puts in and on their body.

Back
Top Bottom