Social Security says 'No rise in the cost of living in 2009'

I heard that there would be no increase in 2010, but it was because they couldn't afford to pay more.

Add that to the fact that medical costs (taken out of your SS check) are going to increase and it's a double drop in benefits.

That line about price indexing is bumpkis, it's based on ENERGY PRICES, not food, rent, clothing, etc.
Energy prices have tanked, thus they figure that everyone is living easy? As I said, bumpkis.

Legally SS payments cannot go DOWN, but with no COLA and increased Medicare payments it amounts to the same thing.

My FIL is really peeved. About the time he'd actually get the SS he's been forced to pay for all his life, it's tanking.

Quote:
Acorns? What do people do with acorns that they can sell well? I have like a bazillion oaks here so I'd like to know...

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm about ready to become Amish...they have the legal right to opt out of SS due to religious reasons....sooooooo tempting considering I will NEVER see any benefits anyway. I feel bad for folks in that position!

The checks have been frozen for 3 years not just this one . This is why nursing homes are having troble filling their beds , people are keeping family home longer because costs are going up and their checks aren't . Homes are asking familys to pick up some of the cost that are being cut. The medicare and caid are being cut to . Ya know where we can share the wealth.

Quote:
And don't forget Christmas in Hawaii...that's an absolute MUST...

Why are people so quick to blame?

I know the ecomony sucks right now, bit this did not just happen within the last year, it as been an ongoing problem for a very long time.

We to haev had hardships too, but I refuse to just point fingers at people. Right now, I am working two jobs, my DH works and we are making it. Do we like it? NO. Do we have choises? YES. We can stick to just having one job...and scrape by, then whine because we don't make enough. OR We can do what we are doing and know that our hard work will pay-off eventually.

I want to take my family to Hawaii for Christmas.....and I can!

Quote:
And don't forget Christmas in Hawaii...that's an absolute MUST...

Why are people so quick to blame?

I know the ecomony sucks right now, bit this did not just happen within the last year, it as been an ongoing problem for a very long time.

We to haev had hardships too, but I refuse to just point fingers at people. Right now, I am working two jobs, my DH works and we are making it. Do we like it? NO. Do we have choises? YES. We can stick to just having one job...and scrape by, then whine because we don't make enough. OR We can do what we are doing and know that our hard work will pay-off eventually.

I want to take my family to Hawaii for Christmas.....and I can!

HarlansHollow relax..it was a joke. If you will notice in my other post, I stated it was a joke. You're not going to Hawaii on my dollar either...O did, I ought to be able to at least make a joke about it
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom